I’ve never been more disgusted with a machine than the kubota svl95-2s. Anyone know how to delete the dpf system. DONT CARE ABOUT THE LAWS AND NOT WANTING INFO ON THE ENVIRONMENT!!! I only want info on how to delete, destroy, bypass, rig or whatever I have to do to never put def in this POS again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I’m not taking it back to kubota to get anything done! So if I have to buy computers, parts or whatever, that’s what I’ll do. I’m at my end with this thing and the incompetence of kubota techs, mechanics and even the ugly orange paint! Same deal as everyone. Def issues and want to know how to fix it somehow or delete. 400 hours. It’s been in limp mode for 399.5 hours! Please help! I will trade or sell also but would like to fix it! Someone can make millions fixing the rest of these pieces of junk for the rest of the unfortunate owners of these grade A certified pieces of junk! Again I don’t care about the epa,epd,police,president,moral standards,corona virus or anything other than fixing or deleting this def system! Thanks in advance!
You sound like you need a night in a Holiday Inn Express. Those systems aren’t any more complicated than the rest of them from what I’ve seen. Do you know what that code definition is?
Tell us how you really feel about it. Don't hold it in.
Dude, trade the POS and get something else and sleep well with that.
Code is "DEF Tank Quality sensor error"
That’s correct. I’ve changed the def, cleaned the tank and lines, cleaned def injector, etc. I feel like I might not be resetting the ecu by just disconnecting the batt or pulling fuses??? Problem with sending it back to kubota is they just throw parts at it to try and fix and never find the cause of the issue. So it comes back and runs ok for a bit and then back to kubota to throw more parts at it!! It’s probably just my kubota location that sucks so bad and the rest are great. Anyway I’m pulling everything dpf,def,sensors etc today. If nothing else I’ll have a science experiment w the POS but it’s loosing all emissions bs today.
Vtech, how do I fix the machine to run without the system or how do I fix the system??????????
If you just yank the emissions system out, it's still going to be stuck in limp mode, throw even more codes and leave you in a worse spot than you're in. Better to calm down, fix the issue, and then run it or sell it. Is it still under warranty? What codes has it had and what parts has your dealer thrown at it in the past?
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your machine, there's nothing more frustrating than that, plus add a dealer and that doesn't help much, it Can be maddening. I'm pretty sure that there is a five year warranty on all the emissions garbage that's on that machine, but if the dealer isn't helping to fix your issues, that's a bigger problem all around… I sent you a private message…
I hear ya Marshall. And agree. But I know it can be done. It’s just the ecu that is holding me back. I know it’s gonna throw codes so I need someone with the knowledge of the computer or I’ve found a emulator that might work? It tells the computer what it wants to hear while allowing the motor to run free of the def chains. I just need someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks for the info and I’ve calmed down from the other day so I can listen and make a reasonable decision on how to delete rather than ripping it all out with 963 and a chain like I wanted to do the other day.
We have same machine. Had same issue. Our dealer pulled the guts out of the tank and replaced them. Knock on wood it’s working. We have 5890hrs as if today. That’s the first issue we’ve had. I’m not confident we won’t have more issues related to this again. I’d delete in a second if I knew how.
Ok thanks. I’m actually headed to get a new def quality sensor now that’s part of that assembly. I’ve ordered a 600$ emulating module type deal that I’m gonna try. I’ll keep you posted on if it works or not once I receive it
Chances are the float assembly for the def tank has a failed quality sensor. Unfortunately you can't just replace the quality sensor. Another thing that you can try is to drain the tank and turn on the key. That will set another code but don't worry about that. Turn the key off and refill the tank. Turn the key back on that should reset the time that the ecm will run a quality check. And should get you out of limp mode. Also I would buy a def refractometer to be sure that your def quality is good. Def fluid will degrade after time and the warmer the temperature the faster. Shelf life is typically 6 months at 72* farenheit. Sun light will also degrade the quality of def fluid. Like it or not teir 4 final is the way it's going to be. I would get familiar with the system because whatever the tree huggers come up with next. Will be even more expensive and complicated. Good luck to you and I hope that this will help.
We have 4 total 95s in our fleet. All have had issues with def and after treatment systems at some point in time. We have more issues with the Kubota 95s than with any other brand of our track units when it comes to emmesions. Parts seem to be on the higher side as well when it comes to replacement. Overall even customers have not been a big fan of the kubotas in general and have asked not to receive them anymore. But as paul said its here like it or not we are just stuck with it
Hey Paul. Thanks a ton for the useful information. This type of information is what I was hoping for when I joined this forum and between you and several others I’ve learned a lot. THANKS! So far I have drained tank, cleaned lines,injector(dozer) I think some call it???,tank and dog filter. It was surprisingly clean, checked wires, installed new def. Done this several times thinking it was possible that I had 2 batches of bad def. Still in limp mode. Questions: -will adding ammonia bring the quality of the def back up to normal? -Does it hurt anything to run a machine in limp mode for more than just a few min? Your exactly right about getting used to the def system cause it’s not going anywhere. This is another reason I’m not wanting to get Kubota back out to throw parts at it. I need to be able to work on my equipment. My projects are way out sometimes and mechanics aren’t always an option for me. So I’m spending a lot more time on this machine hoping that the knowledge gained will payoff in the future with other def related issues on other machines. Warranty is all I keep hearing from some but warranty doesn’t get my job completed on time or make me look good to the customer when my equipment is down and I’m behind schedule. Warranty is just a nice word for “we f’d up but we’ll fix our f’up” and may or may not charge you something. Anyway thanks everyone for the info and thanks for not schooling me on the laws and topics I’m not concerned with at the moment. Any useful information will be greatly appreciated. Paul I’m gonna try what you said and I’ll let ya know what the results are.
Dpf filter not dog
I wouldn't add any ammonia. Def has a certain water and ammonia mix. You can order a refractometer on Amazon and test your def fluid that away. Find a way to get in contact with kubota factory and ask if there is a special parts commitment with the emissions system. I work for a Volvo dealer and they honor the emissions parts up to 7000 hours. Maybe kubota is the same. Good luck.
Ok thanks. I got on other projects but I’ll be working on the Kubota again this week. I’ll see about the parts commitment also. Let ya know how everything works out.
Glad to have found the forum and joined as I am actually looking into purchasing a SVL95-2s. As I am not about just blatantly defying laws or such,but I guess no one has come up with a delete program or kit like they do on diesel pickups. My dad has a couple of small Kubota compact tractors and he has even had DPF issues with those. It's hard to believe that the system couldn't be reverse engineered to the pre emissions days to improve the reliability and possible increase the power like our trucks. Just wondering.
Manufacturers are making it harder and harder to bypass emission systems. Have even heard of them programming modules that are completely unrelated to the engine to start looking for aftertreatment system information.
it’s a good machine minus the def system. When running, it’s a strong machine and I absolutely love it. There is a system that you can buy to delete the def system now. I believe it’s argotronics and i think reimer tuning have it worked out. I can’t vouch for either but both are online and seem to be legit. This is the route I should’ve taken but wanted to do it myself to save $ and to learn for future deletes that I most certainly will do until they can test, tune and then build a system that works correctly. It’s a strong machine and has its good qualities minus the bells and whistles. 99% of the lawmakers and air/pollution police couldn’t point out a machine that has a def delete and one without a delete. I think your safe when it comes to that. Good luck with your machine.
All those machines have nothing but problems with def,I have a 18 Sv340 every new machine have 5 years emission warranty , if your machine is older than 5 years going to cost U a lot,I had same problems with mine first was def quality error dealer replaced whole def tank with a sensor was fine for a little bit then src error comes out dealer replaced whole exhaust system, no problem after that knock on wood
I hear ya. It’s ridiculous. The air nazis will be making solar or electric powered skid steers before long. (Tier 5 solutions!)lol. What went wrong with the exhaust system to where it needed to be changed out?
I agree machine is great when working untill the def error, then it’s a nightmare, not sure what’s involved in src but was told there’s sensors on muffler that was not working properly throwing src error, they replaced whole muffler assembly under warranty, Im not going to complain about it as long they fix it
I own a svl95-2s with 400 hours and seem to have had every code thrown known to man. I have had code shown in the hundreds of times and dozen of limp modes active. (1.) was the clamp on the line to the turbo came off. I lost boost threw some codes. Off to the dealer. They placed some band clamps repurposed from another manufacture on it’s a repair. Kubota since came out wit campaign to replace with revised hoses. I hear they are on major back order. (2.) was air filter assembly. Threw codes, limp mode, took to dealer. Again new Kubota campaign to change complete revised air filter assembly.along with changing engine oil and filters. Kubota then sent me a coupon that stated I could go to any dealer and receive two engine oil filters and two air filters for my troubles. I went to dealer and was told that Kubota has not been honoring their own issued coupons and that they’ll dealers are to issue two filters and document on coupon. Then give customer coupon back and notify customer to bring back coupon after on year to claim the other two filters. I know this sounds silly but I sat with lady at dealership while she was on phone with Kubota. So I know this wasn’t dealer yanking my chain. (3.) this time threw a lot of codes almost all of them. I noticed relays clicking when key had been off for hours. In limp mode back to the dealer it went. This time it was def fluid injector froze and broke internally in which it pumps def fluid to wiring connectors and wicks def through wiring harness repacking havoc with corrosion until it makes it into the ecm and scrap it too. (4.) this time I get it back and burn a 1/2 tank of fuel before it throws a couple codes and instantly goes into limp mode. Take it back to dealer and ask them to plug it into computer. They tell me I will need to leave it. I give them a little frustration and explain they need to look at it NOW . To find out that the overflow tube to the def tank is located directly above tank and has vented def fluid out at some point and has corroded the header making it throw false def fluid quality codes. They order the parts on Thursday and have them next day aired. Only problem is the following Monday still no parts and tell me tracking states it will be Wednesday before arrival. On Tuesday they end up borrowing a tank from a new unit and getting me back. They informed me that they had redirected the vent tube to drain/vent down away from the machine and critical components. With all of these occurrences they have had to order parts and repair costing me a week each and also made me loose an 8 hour job @$125 per hour. Plus my time shipping this machine back and fourth to the dealer. so the moral to this story is good luck. I don’t know many people having better luck with any other brands they currently own that are new or I would trade this one off. although I did price a new Kubota thinking I may have a lemon. They told me $20,000 and my machine for same model new. That’s $50 an hour on old machine. Might be more economical to go to cat and bobcat and just rent then to own. ♂️
Hey there, I have read through your threads and am so glad you posted. We are/were about to pull the trigger on a new SSVL 95........ What are your thoughts on that now??
Sounds like you should just rent 1 for your needs.
It has been doing fine on reliability for the last dozen jobs it’s been on. The machine operates well and I am pleased with function. My main concern now is the front door does not seal very well at all. I leave window shut while operating and i get out extremely dirty like I’m in the 1980’s driving the no cab Bobcat . The inside of the cab is covered in dust! I have messed with window adjustment or lack there of but have not had any luck. It is currently super dry and dusty outside though. I would trade mine off if I found another brand that I liked better. But all manufactures have their own problems.
Sti I’ve retired the piece of junk to the barn. It now sits silent in the corner of my barn and is used as punching bag for 10lb hammers when I’ve had a bad day. I found that this is the only use I have for such a royal waste of money. I won’t throw away 1 more hour of my time ou 1 more dollar on a kubota product. Not a hat or a tractor. I’ve lost more time and money than I care to admit on kubota products. After I’m tired of beating on the POS with a hammer, I will move it to the powerline where we sight in our deer rifles and I will use it as a 1000 yd big orange target! Kubota sucks, their service sucks and the ugly orange svl 95 sucks. I would buy ANY other brand but would not recommend a thing that has the name KUBOTA on it!! Good luvk
LMAO! Sorry for your pain buddy but I found your post pretty funny!
Lol. I think all of the newer skidsteers are having some sort of issues with the emissions stuff. Just sucks for kubota that they ended up with me as a customer/victim. Lol. I’m kinda tough on kubota but from their tractors to their skidsteers in my experience have been a royal Piece of junk. I can deal with junk when the service is good or if the product is good with with bad service. But when they equally suck then they deserve the feedback they get. (PIMA ). I hear some people have good luck with the ugly orange machines. I just don’t know of any personally.
Do they give you a loaner when you're down?
They gave me a lot of lip. No loaner.
Depends on who you know or how mad you get with them when it comes to a loaner. In my experience anyway. Have some friends who don’t mind wasting a half a day arguing about a loaner. They always get one. I’m always pushed for time and won’t argue with em. I Figure if they don’t want to do right I won’t make them.
That sucks. Good dealers will loan you a machine if you're still under warranty.
if its less then 5 years old all emission related parts are covered that means if the injector goes bad and ruins the engine you get a new engine. check def injector wiring for leaks, It leaks into harness and takes out acu. that def code is covered under warranty you didnt have to buy the headed if its less then 5 years old.
I was doing some digging on Google to see if there was any talks about this within the community. I know that this post is older, but these skid steers are still super populator! Just wanted to take a few minutes and hop on here. My name is Mack, I work for Reimer Tuning and we still have a solution when it comes to these SVL95's. A lot of R&D has gone into these skid steers, we actually have one on our farm. The tuning for the SVL95 has been our top seller for almost an entire year straight now, people love what we have to offer. We have done a few technical write ups on these Kubota's, something to take a look at if you are wanting more information. What we hear from Customers all the time is that once the tune has been completed on it, they feel like a completely different machine!
^sounds illegal lol
Sounds like I am Canadian, eh lol
Then you ought to have made it clear when you posted that what you are offering is not legal anywhere outside Canada - IMHO. Also you should be careful about falling foul of the HEF Forum rules regarding advertising products or services. HeavyEquipmentForums
Surely this thread was not ended due to discussing aftermarket solutions to delete def. I would have thought that the part of the rules regarding discussing things illegal would have referred to things like theft and murder. If we can't say anything on this forum about aftermarket solutions to real problems regardless of the epa rules, I feel like we are being censored. To me it equivelent to asking me for an electricians license before I can give electrical advice - if I give someone advice on here how to test a connect a generator to a building, and they are not a licensed electrician - they may be in violation of some code where they live saying that only licensed electrician can do such work. I am happy they chimed in with their product - it is exactly what I was hoping I would find in this thread. I am looking at buying a 95 because a freind of mine bought one and deleted and reprogrammed and made it a good machine. I was here looking for all options beside what he did. The rules in my opinion should state "criminal activity", maybe then discussing doing things that get around EPA code would be allowed. IRC, just last week the Supreme court said that the EPA should not be able to make laws - that is what the legeslative branch is supposed to do! We had a country that was working well before the EPA, OSHA and MSHA were all allowed to grab as much of your business dollars as they can with thier self made rules (or "Laws" as many call them).
Certainly delete what ever emissions you want my take is if I or my shop work on it I can be fined personally. If you get pulled over at a weigh station or have epa show up at a job site be ready for heavy fines no lawyer will get you out of a fight with federal law. 2 skid steeres with deleted emissions caught on fire and showed up at our shop we cant touch that unless we put it back to factory. Alot of the members here work for equipment dealers we cant really give advice but some may chime in
I just noticed that Nige replied with the reference to the forum rules and it seemed like this thread ended. I was just stating my opinion, that if someone on this forum tells someone "I sell a solutoin to your problem" and that solution does not meet EPA quidelines - I don't think that should fall under the catagory of "illegal". Now if they said I want to load your fuel tank with cash and sell your skidsteer to a guy in Mexico - that would be "illegal". I don't want to kill the planet, but the emission systems that are put on equipment should have to have more responsibility attached to them - the factory should have to take responsibilty for their poor engineering. I know many small dirt contractors that have almost been put out of business because of these emission systems problems. I also know of a trucking company that would have gone out of business if Kenworth had not sent a tech to their facility every day for years and given them loaner trucks to haul there tankers every day, back when the DPF system were giving them problems. I think this forum should allow users to discuss some of the alternatives without censoring. Thats all am getting at.
This is the same with other government 3 lettered acronyms clubs. Actually is ******** all the way around and until everybody says “screw it, I’m gonna do what I want because I’m not hurting anyone” nothing won’t change.There will come a time though, when everybody will be tired of the crap, I just hope there are enough brave individuals that will band together to be able to overcome the tyrannical opposition, of which, they suck.
I think a lot of people are getting close to that point.
If you read the link in my Post #42 carefully maybe it would have been clearer. This was not about shutting down discussion, it was to make a first-time poster offering a product or service of any type what the forum rules were regarding how they were permitted to do that. I was referring specifically to the text below from the forum Rules. Nothing to do with the legality or otherwise of what they were offering. Is that any clearer.? "Advertising of goods and services are not permitted unless sponsoring HeavyEquipmentForums A vendor of goods or services may create one introductory post or thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page. Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice."
Yes, that helps. Thanks for the reply. Sound good to me.
I can help you out, I work on these machines every day. Message me