Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Swamp Loggers

N.CarolinaDozer ยท 2009-06-14 09:50

Want to remind everyone of Discovery Channel's new show Swamp Loggers that starts on Monday(June 15th) night at 10 pm. From the previews it looks awesome. opcorn

Replies16
  1. #1tippatone2009-06-14 19:27

    Im going to check it out for sure. Looks like some real mean machinery from the preview.

  2. #2N.CarolinaDozer2009-06-16 18:44

    Well did anyone watch last night? I did and I think its going to be an interesting show. I didn;t even know they were filming it in North Carolina. The funny thing is I'm going down close to Wilmington next week, so I might try to find these guys one day while I'm down there.

  3. #3hvy 1ton2009-06-16 21:30

    I saw the extreme loggers episode last year and it was pretty cool. A lot less drama and bs than ax men, and the equipment is cooler. I like the new show even more than the extreme loggers. I really liked the snow, "a hurricane doesn't bother anyone, 3in of snow and the whole world comes to an end.

  4. #4Heavyduty2009-06-17 21:15

    If you can find them tell them to join the forum, that would be cool.:cool2

  5. #5N.CarolinaDozer2009-06-17 21:30

    I thought the same thing, but I think the owner doesn't look like the computer type. But his son looks like he may.

  6. #6Heavyduty2009-06-17 21:48

    Did you see the State red hard hat with the blue UNC logo in one of the machines? :usa

  7. #7JimBruce422009-06-17 21:51

    Its on too late for me... man I'm only 26 when did 10pm become too late?!:beatsme I taped it and got to finally watch it tonight. I thought it looked pretty good, but Murphy's Law just isn't their friend.

  8. #8Heavyduty2009-06-17 21:59

    If I had to get up at 5am, you can best bet I would have missed it.

  9. #9N.CarolinaDozer2009-06-23 22:57

    Im 26 and I get up at 5 am. Work a 10hour shift, then start it all over again.

  10. #10Heavyduty2009-06-23 23:27

    Your still young, wait till you get close to 40. Things start to slow down after 35. :Banghead Looks like the economy is slowing down for the Swamp loggers. I hope they make it.:beatsme

  11. #11N.CarolinaDozer2009-06-27 15:24

    Well I just got back from the beach and I had no luck of finding the loggers. Like Heavy said, I hope there still around?

  12. #12atgreene2009-06-27 21:26

    I watched an episode last week. The owner talked about getting up early to beat the crew in to load out 3 trailers, he was going in at 6:30 am? Since when was 6:30 early? If thats early and the crew starts later, what the heck time does the crew start? I've never seen a logging crew not start before 6 am, seems odd, especially when he's crying about production. Around here the trucks start hauling at 3-4 am, cutting starts at 6, must be a southern thing?

  13. #13HeyUvaVT2009-06-28 11:45

    yea that struck me as odd as well...especially after watching the Pellitiers (spelling?) on American Loggers

  14. #14atgreene2009-06-28 12:02

    Yea, trucks can run early in Maine, but harvesting can't start until 6 am by law, due to noise. Maybe NC has different laws that limit harvesters?

  15. #15N.CarolinaDozer2009-06-28 14:07

    Well I don't know about state laws, but we can't start until 7 am due to the nearby neighborhood.

  16. #16sandnsnow2009-07-11 19:04

    I can relate to the owner. My company has been going through the same troubles. I feel bad for them but it makes me step back and look at our own operations. The last episode gives me a knot in my stomach. I feel bad for them. That was by far the best logging show on tv. NO drama just day to day operations and the troubles assocated with it in a bad timber market.