Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Swamp rat

Swamp rat ยท 2009-04-17 22:31

Hello, i was looking for a location to find the brackets and weld on adptors to mount a clearing cage and screens on one of my dozers. I have a set of clearing risers but dont know were to find the mounts to weld on for quick attach or removal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1bear2009-04-18 00:56

    It will be helpfull to know what kind of dozer you have. Some of the guys or gals we have that are more experienced than I should be able to point you in the right direction and welcome to the forum

  2. #2Swamp rat2009-04-18 21:04

    The machine i am getting ready to do is a JD 850 C and also a Komatsu D-20. Thanks

  3. #3td25c2009-04-19 13:00

    Welcome Swamp rat.If the clearing risers are factory made for the dozer you might fined the brackets at a Deere or Komatsu dealer.I usualy just order the steel and needed hardware and fabricate in the shop ,then weld them on the dozer.

  4. #4EZ TRBO2009-04-21 22:14

    I know the risers that are on our one 1990 Dresser 15C were removed from the 1976 15C. Looking at some more pics and after talking to my grandpa each set of risers and screens were custom built. Far as I know the ones on our 15's have never been off. Its going to cost you a bit of money either way but I'm sure that going the fab shop route will be cheaper and may get you more what you want in the way of a take off system. Although the more easy they are to remove the more they might shake and rattle when they are on. Trbo