Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Swapping blades on D7F- what fits?

LCA078 ยท 2023-08-17 11:59

I'm keeping an eye out for an angle blade for my D7F but not sure what blades are a direct fit. Since the angle blade has the horseshoe arms, I'm assuming that I'm limited to the D7 family (maybe D7E or D7G) but no idea. I looked across the internet for info on distance between the trunnion bearings (track gauge?) between the different models but no dice. Input?

Replies2
  1. #1MattR2023-08-17 14:58

    I have had both machines and was able to swap the blades out no problem. D7f to d7g. The d7e's had a different eye on the end of the lift cylinders. But that could be changed over on the blade mount. As far as the width I believe they were all the same. Also, I just may have a really nice twin tilt angle blade and a rake for what you are looking for

  2. #2LCA0782023-08-18 11:39

    MattR- Thanks for the info- glad to know a D7F and D7G are swappable with no issues. For the D7E to fit the D7F, is that "just" torching the trunnions off and gluing on new ones? And yes, IM me the details of your blades. I have no idea how shipping would play out but I'm willing to take a swing.