Greetings folks. I hope to get some advice whether what I'm going to do is a good/bad idea : I have a pretty old mini excavator (IHI is4gx) and the left track is hardly moving now. I'm trying to figure out what is wrong, and I had someone suggested swapping the hydraulic hoses around for left & right tracks to see if the problem is with the KYB valve block OR possibly the LEFT final drive itself. Meaning, if after the swap the left track regains power & the right track loses power, then it means the valve block is bad (?). So, I wanted to get some advice on 2 things : (1) Is that a good way to test why the left track is so weak? (2) If I do go ahead, do I swap both the top & bottom hoses on the valve block for each of the LEFT & RIGHT controls (ie. total of 4 hoses) ? I've marked the LEFT track hose as BLUE & the RIGHT track hose as RED. I'm told the hose just right below each of the marked forms a pair of the inlet & exit hose for each track. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Good day Jim may I suggest that you first establish if this fault is both n forward and reverse - a less labour intensive test is to dead end the hose's with a pressure gauge you can compare side for side this will tell you directly if the issue is at the motor or up stream.The attached information may appear alien to your machine but the same methods and principles apply. Kind regards Uffex
Hey Uffex, thanks very much for the quick response! I'm downloading the document & will try to digest the info. btw, it is weak both in forward & reverse for the left track.