Has anybody seen one of these, know where I can find one or have more information on them. Its called the Sweco 480 Trail Dozer. There is also a 450 model. It looks to be very versatile from the little bit of info and pictures I have found on it. I would like one to use on my property to keep things looking good.
I found some info at blythefarms.com, they are located in charlotte nc
Thanks for the site dgreene. Do you know if they sell them or just promoting them. The problem is I can find some pictures and info on the machine but I can't find anybody who sells them.
That is AWESOME!! Perfect for makin my ATV trails!
That would be one of the main uses if I get one. We have a couple hundred acres of wooded land beside the farm that we ride the 4 wheelers on. The ol' tractor and bushhog just don't cut it (no pun intended) anymore. Besides, that looks like its alot more fun to play with. :yup
I beleive they sell them. There is a phone number to contact them but not much more info.
Sooo.....I have finally found some info AND who makes them and where they are located. They don't have a website, thats why I couldn't find it. It appears to be a little pricey for what I intended. Maybe I can find a used one. Here's some specs on the 480: Sweco Trail Dozer Model: Sweco 480 Manufacturer: Sutter Equipment Company 80 Chamberlain Avenue Novato, CA 94947 Phone: (415) 898-5955 Purchase Price: $49,800 Status: In production Prime mover: Sweco 480 is a prime mover. Engine power: 80 hp Gas or diesel: Diesel Transmission: Hydrostatic Width: 4 ft Length: 11 ft 1 inch with blade and rippers Height: 6 ft 4 inches Ground clearance: 8 inches Weight: 9,000 lb Ground pressure: 7.3 psi Boom type: Backhoe Boom reach: 13 ft Turning radius: Zero, counter rotation Slope limitations: 35° Travel speed: 0 to 5 mph Track: Steel Track width: Two 11-inch Hydraulic pressure: (minimum) 2,200 psi, auxiliary circuit Flow: 10 to 30 gpm, auxiliary circuit Dedicated attachments: Blade, threepoint hitch, others link
Could probably get a nice used full size for that price. That machine does look like fun though.
Looks like a mini EMCO :yup
its cute i want one
If I'm not mistaken, thats a vibratory ripper on the back. It also has available a small crusher for the back that will cruch a 4" rock down to gravel and runs off of the machines hydraulics. This thing was made to make trails, thats why I find it interesting. The price is still leaving me at a loss for words. Like I said though I shall now start my search for a used one. :yup
One of friends just took a trip down to Georgia to go riding at one of the parks (I don't know which) and said it was great..... nice soil, NO ROCKS!! At least where he is. Up by us it's a aggregate war out on the trails. That little dozer sure is kick ass!! Maybe Santa will bring me one :thumbsup
50 g's??? I'll buy a D21 AND a tracked 257 for that!!
Yup, all clay and sandy dirt. :yup I'm gonna have to be really good for Santa to spend 50 grand on me. At least I have plenty of time to try......10 months. Maybe he could bring me a used one........Oh please Santa. :bouncegri
You could buy a 135 Takeuchi excavator with a thumb for that money and be much more versitile. It does look neat, but not for that money.
I also wonder how hard it would be to find parts for something like that. If the company is not around in 10 years, it may be hard to keep running. I have seen old case 350's around for less than $18,000.00. I agree with most, it may be better to buy a small dozer than to get that thing.
You could buy a nice 310 Case or an H3 AC dozer for under $10,000 and do everything that thing will do. I agree that parts may be a problem in the future.
The picture you posted reminded me of another compact dozer I remembered seeing in "Popular Mechanics" as a kid, a Rayco. I googled it and sure enough, they are still in business. Here is their website . I couldn't find a picture of the dozer on their products page, but located a dealer with a page devoted to it. They have all kinds of attachments to fit either the dozer or the tracked loader. I remember seeing the ads for them 30 years ago so they've been around a while.
here is a link .
There may be some contacts on this site: http://www.trailbuilders.org/about.html
Thanks for the info and opinions guys. They are much appreciated. :Cowboy I'll clear things up a bit. The parts availability wouldn't be so much an issue as this would just be for personal use around my property. But if something did break and I couldn't find the part then I might have to call the King of Obsolete for help on making my own. So point well taken. The price is another reason that had me having second thoughts. A used one might be cheaper but probably not cheap enough. The whole reason I was drawn to it was because it was unique. Made specifically for the task at hand. While the cost would be more, the enjoyment of having it would have offset that cost a little bit for me. This would not be a money making machine for me. The Rayco is another option that Steve and Nac have brought up and will be heavily considered. It is unique and has parts availability. So, I'll start making some phone calls and find some machines and prices. Again thanks for the info and opinions from all. :notworthy
that does look like a purpose built machine, kinda expencive though.
I'm fascinated by small dozers and I tried to find that one on the web a while ago. I saw it a couple of years ago and then it was called ICC for Industrial Crawler Corporation. http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FZX/is_1_66/ai_59461286 Then it disappeared but what seemed to be the same machine turned up at Pug Power. It's still there but I think it's a misstake, cause it's not advertised on the intro page and the link is really discrete and only shows up if you klick one of the Dig It models. http://www.feterl.com/Pug/htdocs/dig_it/dozer.htm These guys build trails http://www.trailbuilders.org/arrowhead.html This pdf was full of cool equipment: http://www.fs.fed.us/eng/pubs/pdfpubs/pdf99242820/pdf99242820pt02.pdf A few used ones came up when I googled: d7000 dozer icc dozer
The big difference between that trail dozer and most other machines is the width, being 48" wide, show me another dozer or tracked skid that's only 4' wide? If I had the funds I'd seriously be looking into one, but I think there's a niche market for trail building in my area, and have some other ideas/resources to be able to do it as well. It's not a line of work for everyone though, as it does take some different lines of thinking and working. I would also expect that it would require a lot of travel and working away from home a lot, again something not everyone can, or wants to do. Mark
http://www.asvi.com/rc30_specifications.cfm :drinkup
Ok Squizzy, ya got me on that one. I didn't know ASV had a tracked skid available that narrow. Guess we could also talk the tracked walk behinds, but I consider them in a different class. Now, to compare, without knowing much about either machine, let alone having ran them, I do think that a 9,000 lb dozer is going to outperform a 3,000 lb skid steer when it comes to pushing dirt. (It's also roughly 2.5 times the hp too. ) If it were my money, and I were doing one or two trails a year, I'd be getting that (or a similar small tracked) skid steer, but if I were doing 90% (or more) trail work, I would give the Sweco a serious looking over as well. Being 4 feet wide, I wouldn't plan on going out and using it to grade subdivision sites or anything, but when working in small areas I bet it would do a good job on the pushing. Mark
Trail dozer I have the perfect Trail dozer- Surprised no one here has mentioned it. Has anyone heard of the C.F. Struck Co out of Illinois? They make a 25 horse air cooled minidozer. Blade is 54" 3 way, also has 3 point hitch on back and hyd pto. Mine cost about 18 grand about 5 years ago. Good little machine, but it is slow 0-2 mph digging with a bladefull, 3 mph overdrive if it's not real hot outside. I also have the ASV RC30 and about a dozen attachments nice little machine moves a lot faster up to 6 mph.
Be great if you could lift with a bucket on front.
What all can be hooked up to this machine?
Trail dozer :beatsme As far as I know, the only attachments for the struck dozer (front) are the dozer, and a loader. A skid loader or the ASV RC30 will run circles around the Struck with a loader. If you were talking about the ASV RC30, I have a worksaver tree terminator, flail mower(homemade), forks, Piranha grapple, manure bucket, tooth bucket, land leveler, 4N1 bucket, Harley rake, snow/light mat'l bucket, aerator, bush hog mower(homemade), rock bucket, Auger, snow blower(homemade). Thats all I can remember right now. Everytime I think of something new, I weld it up!
I've seen the struck machines online, I'd forgot the name of them. They have a larger water cooled version out now too I believe...oops...sorry, I think that's an oil cooler that I'm thinking of. Kind of an interesting machine, I'm surprised they haven't thought of a way to get some more speed out of them for travel. Again though, they are a lot lighter than the Sweco, and a lot less power for the size, I think overall productivity would be a lot more with the Sweco. Though also a lot less price too
You mean like the one in this thread. Struck Mini Dozer
Sweco dozer :usa The point that I wanted to make about the Struck mini dozer is that the 25 hp model is an excellent dozer for its small size it will fill its blade and keep on pushing, and will do it all day long. As I said it doesn't move very fast, and like all tools, should be brought as close to the job as you can get it. Also, the minidozer pictured in the other thread is the small homeowner model, I think the newer ones of this size had 11 hp motors, and I think they are still being made, but they were too small for me.:beatsme
There is a link to the Struck Dozer site in the other thread that has the newer bigger dozers on it. Lots of pics and info.
Struck Dozer :notworthy Country boy- I didn't see the link before I must have been in a hurry that day. Anyway it's good to see that they are still in business. They seemed to be a family run company, and were pretty well thought of when I bought mine.
check out this little dozer http://www.samochodyswiata.pl/viewtopic.php?t=11821
Found an english site for them, check out http://www.eastwindtractors.com.au/index.html I'm surprised Squizzy hasn't told us about them, they're in his back yard. Mark
From that site:
Also from that site: Though I'm guessing that there version of 'assembled' means uncrated and put a few pieces on. I didn't say they were an Austrailian tractor, just that there might be some in your area. The tracked version may actually be something they developed (at least to an extent) rather than reverse engineered. I'm not a big fan of promoting Chinese goods, but I wonder how the little dozer works, and what sort of money it is. Mark
To me it resembles a Norstar dozer from Northern tool which also is available with a backhoe on the back. Norstar Dozer
I'm sorry. The headlights just look so much like eyes. I couldn't help myself... :beatsme
the unibrow 3500
:laugh You gotta take into account who drew it. :bouncegri
I'm currently building foot trails for a customer. I use my Posi-track 4810 to clear, doze, grade, prep and load by using the versatility of multiple attachments. It's tracks are about 72" wide which is perfect for 6'-8' wide trail construction. The only problems that I encounter are when I get into rocky area. Most of the area has lots of flint rock and that really tears at the tracks. Otherwise, it is the perfect machine with over 100 hp and 6 mph. My 6 way dozer blade really slicks things off nice to prep the trails for aggregate. Anytime you build trails or roads, you will need to clear further back than the width of you trail to compensate for limbs, turns, working space and drainage issues. There is no such thing as a trail built as narrow as the machine. There would not be enough room to work and to clean up all of the brush and trees from the clearing work. All of my 6' trails usually become 8'-10' wide except for areas between large save trees.
Think the width of the trail vs. the machine is a matter of technique. My boss and I cut a footpath across a wooded slope last week, using a New Holland L120 skidsteer with a manure fork. The fork seems to work really well for digging out the rocks, and it has enough of a "bucket" that he can grade with it. Don't remember the size of the bucket or machine offhand, but I think it's around 42 inches or so. Machine's so small I can't get into it, but the boss can, and it's positively amazing what he can do with it. The trail is barely four feet wide, and he's so good with the machine, that I only need to do a little hand raking and a bit of pruning for roots and branches. Ended up being a perfect, low inpact, walking trail, but it's too narrow for an ATV. (Personally, I'd have wanted the trail a bit wider, but the guy with the wallet was happy, so I didn't get a vote.)
You should have seen the course at the one race I did. Half of the trees had no bark left at the end, because it was so tight. It was a rough two hours and I wrecked a couple of times.
Sweco Trail Cat I just found this site and registered. The motorcycle club that I belong to has one of those Chinese cats. After a year of ownership I have come to the conclusion that it is built out of too soft of steel materials. Before we purchased it we tried out a ASV ( I can't remember the model) and took it out for a days try out. It was the smallest one (4 feet wide) and we discovered it to be way too light. We hooked it numerus time on 1 1/2 inch roots and they would stop the machines forward motion. The U.S. Forerst Service has a number of Sweco Trail cats for OHV trail maintainance and construction here in the state of Oregon. They are both 450 and 480 models. There is nothing finer than the Sweco for these types of projects with the machine weighing almost 10,000 lbs and having 80 horsepower. The operator sits right behind the blade ala skidsteer so he is virtually on top of his work The blade is a six way affair with the tilt angle far more aggressive than any other machine. If we could afford one we would own one also. Jim
Welcome to HEF jim-in-so-ore! :drinkup Glad to hear from somebody that has had expierence with one of these. I have to agree with you, while the machine would be excellent for what it was intended, the price is a bit of a put-off.
That little thing has a ripper system on it, and my D6R XW dosent............. ointhead :beatsme :Banghead
fla I have seen some at work here in north fla and they do quite well for their size. Surprizing to say the least.
Sweco 480 dozer Anyone who would like info or pics of the Sweco 480 Dozer can contact me. My Name is Tim and I have been building the Sweco 480 for the last 4 yrs. I work for the Manufacturer not the Man who sells them. I have pictures of all phases. I am personally responsible for the building of The body. I also build the roll cages. I have in the past built the blade sets and Hyraulic cylinders for the Dozers as well. I have been building the Dozers for a total of 6 yrs. I work for Sutter Welding and Equipment Co. in Sutter, CA. aka Sweco Products Inc. The man who distributes them, John Mueller is not my employer.
They look like a neat little machine, how much do they weigh? What are the benefits versus an 80 hp CTL with a six way? Seems the CTL would be more versatile.
Sweco 480 Dozer My name is Tim and I build the sweco 480. I have for 6 yrs. If you would like any info, contact me at [email protected] . I have all the pictures and info you want. The dozer is built by Sweco Products Inc. Not by Sutter equipment. That company has nothing to do with building them.
Nice little machine. Looks like a skid steer on steroids! I could also use one around my house to clean debris up. Nice find!:thumbsup
Sounds like a nice little dozer and would be great for building trails. But like you said, the price. I would stay away from the ICC. A rental c. near me had two of them and they were trying to get rid of them at give away price. Nothing but trouble they said. I looket at the Northern tool, (Chinese YT360) dozer imported under different names and talked to people who bought them and they just do not hold up for very hard use. If they had better metal in them, with the 3pt hitch, it would be a great little dozer for small jobs. I personally drove a Struck dozer. Small, well built. But is just too small to do any productive work. I think the Rayco are made here in Ohio. I met a fellow who rented one several times a year and he really liked it and said they havent had any trouble. I've seen a couple of used ones in the "Equipment trader" books for around $20,000. Again if you bought a new one, I think the price would be out of the ball park. I have owned 4 of the small type dozers. Probably larger than you want. I presently have a Mitsbushi bd2j and love it. But I think it might be to wide for type of trail making. I have used a skid steer with a short blade and I cut down a pair of old truck snow chains and mounted on it to prevent spinning and it seemed to be pretty productive. Then you can reatach your bucket for other use. A skid steer is a pretty versitile machine. Cheaper to purchase and maintain than a dozer. Not near as tiresome to operate. Though I dont think it would take the hard punishiment of simply shoveing rock or dirt that a dozer would.
Just did a webb search and found 2 Raycos one is priced at $16,000 740-259-5313 1600hrs. another $24,500. 845-256-3900 620 hrs.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Legga! :drinkup
I am new to the forum and would like to know just how it works. All advice will be appreciated. legga
Take a look in our " Support " forum and have a look around. Most of your questions should be answered there. If not, start a new thread or add to an existing one with your questions.
The Little Sweco I have a little sweco, it is a great tractor to operate and does fine finnish work. as for trail building it does that great also. It does however have some draw backs first of all being the price. If you want to build atv trails you need to build them extra wide if on a slope. Visibility behind you is very poor and what ever you do, dont rest your feet anywhere other than where they belong.:bash
I run a 480 sutter which is identical to A sweco they are expensive but worth every dime here is A link to sutter website http://www.sutterequipment.com I wood call up tony the inventor of sweco and sutter he now owner of sutter he is very helpful and might be able to locate a used one.
Our motorcycle club finally raised the capital to purchase one of these fine machines. In early February of 2012 we travelled to Mound House, Nevada and picked up our new machine. What a monumental improvement over the small Chinese dozer that we had before. We own 714 acres and some of it is very rocky and the almost 10,000 # plus 80 turbocharged horsepower machine really does the job. We have some nice trails on some rocky, steep ground which we couldn't have done with the old machine. The new one is far superior than it's predecesser. We compared the Sweco with the Sutter and chose the Sutter 500 because of a number of refinements over the Sweco. Outwardly the are very simular. In August of this year we went back and got a backhoe and a sheepsfoot roller. We haven't used them yet, but we will now that fire season is over.
I know this is a super old thread but I own an ICC d7000 dozer and I'm needing some help with the finals if anyone here can help please let me know
There should be a manufacture's plate on the Hydraulic motor giving the make, model and serial number. They look very much like Italian made but I can't think of the name, Bretitoli or similar. If they are parts should be available
they are indeed Italian made they are made by a company called bonfiglioli but even after reaching out to someone there, they're still not a lot of help because my tag is missing so they can't tell me what model my final drive is
What is the problem in the final drive or drive motor? Has the other side still got a tag on it?
Bearings are out if the final, the motor is separate, and no the tag is un readable on the other final
Well, that's a bugger. I think the only thing to do now is count the teeth on the the hub and measure the diameter. What has failed?
the large spindle bearing and the duo seal
The bearings should be available from your local bearing shop. get the numbers off the shell.They should be able to supply the seal as well. There are some good U Tube videos on fitting Duo cone seals, worth a look if you have never done them before.
I tried applied technology which is a bearing supplier, and no luck I guess the bearing is Italian and is proprietary to the final drive company at least that what they told me
Can you give the inside and outside diameter plus the width of the bearing and the diameter of the seal. I'll see what I can find for you.