Hi guys! Here you can post, share, discuss different types of swimming pool removals and demolitions tips, costs, things to remember, and many more.
I'm pretty sure this isn't really what you mean but...
I haven't demo'ed any but I've installed more above and inground pools than I can count. I think the most important part would be making sure you bust the bottom up so they don't hold water. Depending on what part of the country you're from, you'll be dealing with different types of materials. The most common ones around here are a vermiculite (sp?) bottom with steel panel walls. The walls are bolted together like a giant erector set with braces that get covered in concrete. Getting those out might be tricky, depending on what kind of equipment you have. I've seen people make their own pools with block walls and concrete floors, tearing them down pretty much explains itself. The gunnite and concrete pools dont necessarily hold up that well due to the freezing and thawing that happens around here. You have to paint the concrete pools every few years and seal up cracks, a lot of people get tired of dealing with this and modify them to accept a typical liner. I'm not sure if any of this gives you the answers you want or not. I figured I'd at least be able to give you an idea on what you're up against. It's probably all general information that you already know, but I just wanted to feel important lol.
I’ve demoed a few out here. All gunnite with a **** ton of rebar. We work our way down from the coping with a hoe mounted breaker. Process as you go (remove most of the steel) and as the bottom of the pool fills up with rubble it’s easy to get a couple clean loads out before dealing with the mud under the bottom. A lot easier to just break up the top two feet and fill in the rest
How long does it usually take to clean out all the mud and rubbles from the bottom?
On smaller pools with the right equipment, just a few days. Can take more than a week on bigger jobs