Guys, I am brand new to the excavator world and always had backhoes. I recently purchased a 2006 Kobelco 35sr-3 mini ex with 1200 hours. The machine is in pristine condition and seems to have been very well maintained. I have read what I can find on the maintenance of these small excavators but there is one area I am having a little trouble finding info on and thats the swing components......bearing, swing motor etc. I can find the grease zerk for the bearing and have greased it with the ex in 4 different positions but I found some info online that there is likely another area where you are supposed to grease the gear of the swing motor. Can someone please educate me on this and any other items that are not obvious on these small excavators. THanks
Need to find a manual, I can't see it in the parts listings. The swing motor appears to have a large tapered roller bearing on the output right at the pinion gear that I suspect needs to be greased periodically. If you don't get any help, try calling Feenaughty Machinery 503-282-2566 and talk to the service manager, I've dealt with them for decades and they've always been helpful.
Anyone?
My Kubota requires the swing pinion be greased every 50 hours and the swing bearing every 200... Just to give you an idea, but I don't know about the Kobelcos...