Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Swing Cylinders?

69chevelle ยท 2012-10-30 20:42

How hard is it to rebuild the swing cylinders on my 580b? I figure while I am trying to fix the other things wrong with it I might as well start fixing some of my cylinder leaks.

Replies3
  1. #1Deon2012-10-30 21:22

    Don't know much about your Case but I was able to reseal a swing cylinder on my Deere with the cylinders still mounted to the tractor. I just parked the machine with the hoe swang almost all the way to one side. I then removed both rod end pins so I could then swing the cylinders by hand. I then removed the hydraulic connections and dissasembled the cylinders to do the seal replacement.

  2. #2jonnyrose2012-10-30 22:47

    i do beleive i saw a video on you tube,seemed simple i will be doing this repair as well,found some seals on e bay......

  3. #369chevelle2012-10-30 22:56

    Thank's guy's, I was kinda wondering about maybe swinging it to one side like you said, because they don't look to easy to remove from the backhoe. I will be rebuilding a few of my other cylinders as well and pins and bushings also.