Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Swing motion on Volvo EC140 not working

Flapp ยท 2015-04-07 15:16

I have a problem with the swing on my Volvo EC140 excavator. It appeared all of a sudden without any noise. I cant turn to either direction. I can manually swing the machine by hand when I push the bucket. There is no resistance what so ever. All other funktions are working I have no idea where to start looking

Replies10
  1. #1Flapp2015-04-07 15:43

    To clarify. It seems like the swing break is not engaged at all. There are no loose couplings or leaks from The swing motor. Could it be electrical. Maybe a relay?

  2. #2Ben Witter2015-04-07 18:16

    Check the pinion gear it may be broken. pull the inspection cover and look for pieces of metal.

  3. #3DK882015-04-07 20:05

    are you activating the lever when your able to push machine? If yes then sounds like a swing motor shaft. If not then your gonna have to dig deeper in the the reduction Assembly.

  4. #4Flapp2015-04-08 00:54

    I have checked that already. Can find no traces of metal. When I push the around by hand it goes nice an smoothly and if someone is sitting on the machine one can hear gears turning and no strange sounds.

  5. #5Flapp2015-04-08 00:56

    No I can turn it without the lever activated. It is the same when the machine is running and when it is off.

  6. #6DK882015-04-08 12:46

    Sounds like pinion or in reduction somewhere

  7. #7Ben Witter2015-04-08 18:22

    pull the motor from the gearbox and check the shaft and sun gear. Does the machine swing easily when done by hand or does it require some effort?

  8. #8uffex2015-04-09 11:02

    Good day Flapp Drain the swing transmission see if there is any evidence in the lube. Kind regards Uffex

  9. #9tctractors2015-04-10 13:20

    It could be the inner spline stripped out of the piston motor block? tctractors

  10. #10ydeelhis2015-04-11 05:50

    Check the lift valve in the hydramotor.