After using my Bobcat 337 for a short amount of time I am having a problem with my swing. It almost seems like I have something hanging up inside the motor. The swing motor gets really hot on the top cover and it takes a lot to slew in a circle. The machine has 3300 hours on it and all other hydraulic functions work fine when this happens. As soon as I let he machine sit for 10 minutes or so it goes back to normal until it heats up again. Has anyone had anything similar to this. Could it be possible that the brakes are hanging up inside the motor causing this or is it the motor itself? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Is it an X337 machine or a 337 G Series?
It is a G series
Drat, I don't have any info on the G Series. Don't know what type slew motor the G series uses. But if the case of the motor is getting excessively hot after operating, I wager it would be wise tearing into while there's a possibility for repair as opposed to waiting until carnage inside forces entire motor replacement.
Yeah that's what I figured. Time to pull it apart.....
Here's to hoping you get it resolved. :drinkup
Thanks!