Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Swing not working properly

Chuckwall ยท 2022-11-10 18:39

I Have a 2005 terex hr 16 everything works as it should except for the swing has to be full trottle to work if half throttle will work if you bump blade up to full up or thumb to full up but only works once each time anybody have idea motor or valving issue?

Replies15
  1. #1uffex2022-11-12 10:06

    Good day The machine has a load sensing system, it may be an issue with the LS signal for the swing. Do you have a hydraulic schematic for the machine? Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Chuckwall2022-11-12 10:53

    Yes I have a schematic. Didn't see anything listed but I'm a bit a dummy some times. Not sure if you can read and blow up

  3. #3uffex2022-11-12 11:29

    Good day From the schematic, it appears that the swing is mechanically operated, have you checked for spool obstruction? If you can post a PDF schematic copy it is much easier to read. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Chuckwall2022-11-12 11:38

    All I have now is a paper copy having trouble finding parts diagram and pdf version. Removed top and checked but have not removed complete motor yet. Do you know of sight to get good manual downloaded

  5. #5uffex2022-11-12 12:00

    Hi Chuckwall I have had a browse myself when you responded without luck, many of my likely contacts are away at the weekend, but I will keep trying. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6Chuckwall2022-11-12 12:22

    Ok thanks seems like a good machine but finding parts and info is very difficult thanks

  7. #7uffex2022-11-13 10:29

    Good day Found a manual ten dollars needs cleaning up. Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8Chuckwall2022-11-13 11:14

    Ok how do I gat maual

  9. #9uffex2022-11-13 11:40

    Hi Chuckwall It is a bit of a mess, all sorts of Shaeff machines wheeled excavators - small dumpers - crawler excavators trying to get into some kind of order. I will post a copy as soon as I have it sorted. Kind regards Uffex

  10. #10Chuckwall2022-11-13 11:46
  11. #11uffex2022-11-13 11:49

    Hi Chuckwall I can post what I have as I have received the same if that is what you prefer. KR Uffex

  12. #12uffex2022-11-14 12:55

    Check your conversations. Kind regards Uffex

  13. #13Chuckwall2022-11-14 13:03

    Yes send what you have

  14. #14uffex2022-11-15 06:03

    Hi Chuckwall If you check your "conversations" you will find the link to the sorted stuff, the complete file is some 2000 pages most of which has nothing to do with excavators. Attached may look a little different but the same method is used to resolve slew issues. Kind regards Uffex

  15. #15Chuckwall2022-11-15 06:30

    Ok thanks found it