Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Swing on komatsu pc 95 no swing (random)

dep ยท 2011-12-02 21:44

Anyone have an idea on this no swing problem? Pc95 -3500hrs Starts normal,all other functions operating normal,operating machine in middle of a job ,the swing almost comes to a halt ,takes a few rotatipnal jerks to get swing going,but barel y helps,occassionally swing runs fine on start up, Checked hand pilot control,seems to run fine,hoses tighten up wen engaged..... Thnx man

Replies2
  1. #1tctractors2011-12-03 02:40

    I would think your swing box gears are damaged, resulting in lock up usualy in 1 spot, it often seems to work from cold but soon starts to become a jamb up, drain your swing box oil if its grease filled its been pached up before, I think the small komatsu excavators are made in Italy (IFI) so the bits are not Komatsu (I might be wrong)

  2. #2jpz 1232012-01-17 19:33

    Today I have the same problem on a PC22O. I haven't fixed it yet but I know it's electrical since I run power directly to the solenoids. Jumpered Power "unlocked" the swing The electrical power unjumpered does have +24 but not a ground. Is the ground switched? Any body Know