Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Syncrude’s Fleet

9420pullpan ยท 2008-07-02 06:42

Wow Talk about a FLEET! 1 - RH200 1 - RH200 1 - RH120E 1 - RH120E 3 - RH400 3 - RH400 4 - 4100TS 4 - 4100TS 7 - 4100BOSS 7 - 4100BOSS 3 - 495HF 3 - 495HF 1 - EX1200 1 - EX1200 3 - EX800 3 - EX800 3 - EX750 3 - EX750 5 - EX450 5 - EX450 1 - EX330 1 - EX330 1 - 365C 1 - 365C 3 - 375L 3 - 375L 6 - 589 sidebooms 6 - 589 sidebooms 1 - 578 sideboom 1 - 578 sideboom 2 - 631G 2 - 631G 14 - 24H 14 - 24H 1 - 24M 1 - 24M 3 - 16H 3 - 16H 1 - 14H 1 - 14H 1 - 14G 1 - 14G 1 - GD705A-4 1 - GD705A-4 23 - D11R 23 - D11R 5 - D10R 5 - D10R 1 - D9R 1 - D9R 3 - D8R 3 - D8R 17 - D7R 17 - D7R 1 - D6R 1 - D6R 3 - 844 3 - 844 1 - 834B 1 - 834B 1 - D85P-2 1 - D85P-2 1 - D375A 1 - D375A 1 - D475A-3 1 - D475A-3 5 - D155AX-5 5 - D155AX-5 6 - 988F 6 - 988F 3 - 988B 3 - 988B 3 - WA350 3 - WA350 4 - WA380 4 - WA380 2 - WA420 2 - WA420 3 - WA600 3 - WA600 1 - WA700 1 - WA700 2 - IT28B 2 - IT28B 2 - Dresser/Hough 560 2 - Dresser / Hough 560 5 - Deere 410G cable tractors 5 - Deere tractors cable 410G 24 - 797 24 - 797 14 - 797B 14 - 797B 10 - 793B 10 - 793B 1 - 793C 1 - 793C 2 - 777D 2 - 777D 4 - 773D 4 - 773D 13 - 930E 13 - 930E 20 - T282B 20 - T282B 2 - EH1000 2 - EH1000 5 - Titan 33-15C 5 - Titan 33-15C 3 - Tadano RT cranes...not sure what model 3 - RT Tadano cranes ... not sure what model 1 - 4000W Manitowoc 1 - 4000W Manitowoc 2 - 4100W 2 - 4100W 2 - RT740 2 - RT740 5 - RT755 5 - RT755 2 - RT865 2 - RT865 1 - RT980 1 - RT980 2 - RT9100 2 - RT9100 4 - LTM1160 4 - LTM1160 1 - LTM1080 1 - LTM1080 2 - LTM1100 2 - LTM1100 found this on DHS, Greasemonkey posted it in late Nov in 06

Replies39
  1. #19420pullpan2008-07-16 21:26

    found this awesome pic

  2. #2stretch2008-07-16 21:40

    They also had two B-E 2570W and two Marion 8750 draglines, one 2570 is sitting as an exihibit at the mine, the other is down in Australia at the Rolleston Mine. I think one 8750 is still sitting idle and the other was shipped out somewhere. Still an impressive fleet nonetheless.

  3. #3skiibumm12008-07-17 18:01

    pretty impressive eh? i'm thinking about getting a job up there next spring.

  4. #4equippartsdir2008-07-17 21:51

    I have a friend up in Edmonton who used to do business up there in the Tar Sands. They go thru ground engaging tools like water through a funnel. My reccollection is that there processing costs is around USD$15 / Barrel. Can anyone confirm this figure? At todays prices, if this were fact, I'd be buying Syncrude, Suncor and other Oil Companies stocks:notworthy Unfortunately, I've invested my money in items that only bear a short term return:drinkup which makes me want to do this:Banghead

  5. #5Countryboy2008-07-18 01:28

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums skiibumm1! :drinkup

  6. #6miningman2010-01-06 10:03

    Does Syncrude owns some P&H 4100C BOSS at the moment ? I saw a very small picture of that could be a red 4100C BOSS, in the oil sands...

  7. #7TimHay2010-01-06 12:48

    WOW, what a fleet

  8. #8tripper_1742010-01-06 13:08

    Economics The average production cost of one barrel of syncrude from the oil sand resources in Canada was approximately 32 USD in the year 2006. The mining process costs about 16 USD2006/barrel of oil equivalent (boe). The InSitu SAGD extraction costs about 14 USD2006/boe, and the upgrading process to syncrude costs about 16.5 USD2006/boe. Figure 2 shows the break down of the total costs that were incorporated in the EROI calculations above (Herweyer 2007). Mining costs appear to be decreasing according to some reports in early 2008. Syncrude has approximately the same quality as conventional crude oil, and is therefore competitive. So long as the conventional crude oil price stays above 31.5 USD2006/boe (excluding profits) it is profitable to extract oil sands. The conventional crude oil prices in 2006 were 56 and in 2007 as much as $80 USD/boe (BP 2006). However at the same time the price of diesel, natural gas, steel and so forth used in generating the syncrude were increasing. Nevertheless it appears that tar sands will be a competitive source of oil for the indefinite future. Source: The Oil Drum

  9. #9decee2010-01-06 13:39

    And all this oil situated right next door in a American friendly neighbour. Lets keep it that way

  10. #10swampdog2010-01-06 14:08

    It may be next door to the US, but environmentalists in the US and elsewhere are exerting all the pressure they can to shut down the tar sands. Just look at the reception Canadian Prime Minister Steven Harper had at Stockholm last month. They did everything but tar and feather him over the tar sands. His choice seemed to be to take the abuse or shut down the tar sands. I guess he has a thick skin; the tar sands keep on producing.

  11. #11dsichewski2010-01-06 14:27

    That would be an utter dream to work there!!!

  12. #12stock2010-01-06 16:21

    Apart from the BS and H&S.

  13. #13cummins052010-01-07 13:16

    Don't think you will see the Canadian goverment shut the sands down. Way to much money to be handed out under the table.

  14. #14Abscraperguy2010-01-07 20:12

    Even above the table money. Mineral rights and taxes on the corporations as well as all the very taxable guys workin in this industry.

  15. #15alco2010-01-07 23:46

    I would question the source of this information as it is not quite accurate. Syncrude's cost of production is closer to $23 US per barrel, though in 2006 it was a bit higher than the current production cost. However, the thing that makes me question the accuracy is that Syncrude has no insitu facilities, so I have no idea how they can quote their costs for insitu operations. The equipment list is also so far out of date, it isn't even funny.

  16. #16dsichewski2010-01-08 00:12

    Even with that I wouldn't care in the least. I'd still love to work out there! lol

  17. #17tripper_1742010-01-08 11:09

    By all means, question the figures. That's why this is a discussion forum. Refer to this paper to check out these figures: http://www.theoildrum.com/node/3839 If you have something else more accurate to quote I'd like to see it. The issue is so cloudy due to the passionate and often misguided arguments from both sides of the equation that as you know, truth is often a victim!

  18. #18stock2010-01-08 14:36

    It gives employment, people pay taxes, how many jobs are dependant on every job syncrude have.How much money is recycled in to the economy instead of being sent abroad. Awhile back a large manufacturing company pulled out of this little country and at the time they employed over 4,500 souls but it was maintained that 12,000 jobs would be lost as a result of their departure.Put they figures in a pie and eat them.

  19. #19watglen2010-01-08 22:03

    Further to that, talk radio was discussing this point after Copenhagen. They stated that the tar sands is responsible for about 2% of Canada's carbon output, and yet get about 90% of the bad press from the environmentalists.

  20. #20alco2010-01-09 19:23

    Unfortunately, since it's internal company information, I am not permitted to disclose it.

  21. #21tripper_1742010-01-09 19:29

    Aye, there's the rub Alco. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge supporter of the Oil Sands and do contract work there on occasion. :thumbsup I also have a portion of my meager savings invested in Sands related corporations. :crazy That's why I'm interested in costs!

  22. #22w2bstoned2010-01-10 22:45

    I wish they were hiring.... It would be a nice company to work for

  23. #23dsichewski2010-01-11 02:50

    I think they are? Just you need 5-7 yrs experience running all the big stuff? says there job add...If I knew I could just go there and get hired off the street with obviously some knowledge of heavy equipment... I'd be close to there in a heart beat. lol I know they have there summer student job postings starting in may and summer students for family members of workers at syncrude up right now on job sites... I also saw Golosky post a job posting on job bank Canada looking for I think 10 HEO's 1-2 yrs experience work needed for work in ft mac....I unfortunately don't have the kind of experience there looking for ... I was in Fort Mcmurray back in Aug of 2007 as part of my vacation through Alberta and took a tour of Syncrude's facility and it was amazing to see everything....797's 793's, 785's 777's, bucket wheel, 24h's, unfortunately i only had my point and shoot camera at the time so I wasn't able to get super high quality pics or zoom out very far...But I'd go again and this time would have my better camera. haha Alco, Do you only run the shovels there or do you run the other machines as well?

  24. #24OFF2010-01-11 10:25

    They aren't shutting down the oil sands, they're ramping up. I live about 6 hours south where all the refineries are and things are quietly booming again. Mod yards are springing up, property has been purchased & cleared to build more upgraders (refineries) on, and they are in the process of running huge power transmission lines into the area. Big hotels under construction every where I look. Hmmmm.

  25. #25Burnout2010-01-11 15:16

    Ever thought running around with usernames like W2bstoned aren't helping your case with getting into place like Syncrude? I imagine if thats your username here, the e-mail you use is going to be about as colourful.

  26. #26EGS2010-01-11 15:34

    That's funny!:falldownlaugh

  27. #27Buckethead2010-01-11 16:29

    I would think a big operation like that would have drug testing when you hire on, no? Burnout makes a good point, though I wouldn't use email addresses with things like "stoned" for anything work related!

  28. #28Burnout2010-01-11 16:32

    Syncrude? Drug Testing? nooooooooooo lol. A lot of employers in Alberta are big with the drug testing nowadays. Our company has the drug policy du jour. You are tested when you are hired and we have a mobile testing unit that just "pops in" whenever it feels like it. Although... I know that alco guy is a pretty wild man. I saw him with white powder around his nose the one day. Infact it was all over the place. That powdered donut never had a chance I tell ya.

  29. #29John H2010-01-11 17:29

    :lmao

  30. #30special tool2010-01-11 21:30

    Aaaaahhh, no big deal. I was at a party with w2bstoned and qball last week. I won't have any problem hiring him at all.

  31. #31EGS2010-01-11 21:38

    That sure explains a lot!

  32. #32alco2010-01-12 11:18

    Damn straight! mmmmmmmmmmm....icing sugar.

  33. #33w2bstoned2010-01-12 21:27

    Come on alco.... We all know about you and that white powder....lmao

  34. #34w2bstoned2010-01-12 21:30

    I will agree with you guys... It certainly isn't a good portral of myself but... I am not one of those guys. It's just one of my old gamer tags.... Although If I was a drug dealer I could have a whole lot of toys..... yeah... lol

  35. #35alco2010-01-15 03:48

    I'm curious to know who you might have money tied up in if you are interested in Syncrude. Their public reports would give you the answers if they are a shareholder company. Since Syncrude is a private company, not a public one, I can only assume you hold stock in one of the owner companies since there is no way to hold stock in Syncrude itself.

  36. #36tripper_1742010-01-15 06:05

    Actually Syncrude is a joint undertaking of several companies including Imperial Oil, (IMO-TSX), Conoco Philips, (COP-NYSE), Canadian Oil Sands, (COS.UN/TSX), Murphy Oil (MUR-NYSE) , Mocal Energy, Petro Canada (which has been swallowed by Suncor) and Nexen (NXY-TSX/NYSE). These companies are publicly traded. Mocal (a subsiduary of Mitsubishi) is on the Japanese Exchange. That's how you end up with interest in Syncrude. As you know this is a very fluid situation with COP divesting itself of it's Syncrude stake ASAP (maybe..lol..) and China getting well involved.

  37. #37alco2010-01-15 13:11

    Yep, I'm well aware of the makeup of the joint venture, that's why I was mentioning it. If you check in the parent companies annual reports, they will tell you all you want to know about the costs and such of the joint venture. I would be surprised if China becomes involved, it's far more likely that Imperial will increase their stake.

  38. #38tripper_1742010-01-15 13:13

    Yes, that would be preferable...yours and my money instead. I've looked at various financials. A Philadelphia lawyer would be a great help..lol..!

  39. #39alco2010-03-10 02:31

    A more recent bulletin announced that Syncrude's cost per barrel was $22.30, and that's from November 09. I also went through the link posted previously and I am truly amazed at how many inaccuracies it contains. I would think people would research the information a bit better before publishing an article on a subject.