I am thinking that the drive motor is failing. When at idle trying to go forward the failed side trys to move forward very very slowly. With the RPMs up it does nothing. I am going to take off the track today and get a look at the drive motor. Anyone else have a few things to check before I condemn said motor?
check the case drain filter for that motor for metal first. If there is no metal, make it is just a brake seal leaking causing the brake not to release.
Got ya on the drain filter, how does one go about checking the brake seal?
O ya forgot to mention, everything else works, Lift, tilt, and left side track, just the right side is not responding.
Update: Just got it all cleaned up. The sensor coming from the drive motor that is suspected is not plugged into anything. I can not find where this sensor is suppose to connect to. Ideas on where to look? I assume this sensor is the speed sensor? Could this account for the lack of motion?
Ok, looks like the software update had been completed, as both sensors are disconnected. Search continues
Took case drain filter off, found metal shavings.... I am assuming that this means that the drive motor has failed? After I got the track off I could spin the sprocket my hand, remember thought that the case drain filter is ok so the hoses are open ended, what does this mean?
Ok, here is the last update for the day; any help with ordering or info would be great. The front case of the drive motor where the small sprocket goes into the rotary group has sheared off. Do I need a new front case? If so what all comes with this? I have found bobcat part #6681980. I see 2 bearings down in the case which look good still. My question is can I get just the sprocket shaft that sheared or what do I need?
I had the travel motor rebuilt for 1,200.00 here in Texas. Much cheaper than the dealer.
The hub will seprate from the motor. If the rotating group in the motor looks ok, just the end can be replaced. A few small pieces of metal in the case drain is ok. Big test, if it has power bobtach and it works, no metal is in the system. The vavle will plug with the littlest amount.
Dan - Does the hub include the bearings and everything is it like a sealed unit? How would one replace those bearings?
I feel like I am being retarded here... This is a a four port motor? or does the speed sensor count as a port? Motor has the 2 big connections, and 2 small ones in between and the 1 speed sensor down the way...
Here are a few pictures
The complete end is available. Seeing the shaft broke, I think a whole end would be cheaper then rebuilding the end. The end hub can be rebuit, I have seen me do it. Everything with the rotating group of the motor look ok? The four ports are- 2 bigs are drive, one small is case drain and one is brake.
So this is a four port motor? I can get a reman whole motor assembly for right at 2K, they want almost $1700 for the complete end. What would you do?
For that price due the whole motor.
no brainer, replace the motor. it may take an hour to teardown the motor, i've had motors that took 5 hours to teardown due to rust issues. how much is your time worth? :drinkup
Ended up getting the new drive motor from http://www.loaderpartssource.com/ was $1948 + tax & shipping which was around $115 if not mistaken, they charge you the $1000.00 core but send you a return ticket with you motor, so I took out the new one and they the old back in the same box. Came in just 2 business days. Pretty good guys.
NC do they pay for the shipping back of your old core ?
Yes they did