Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

t-600 hood swap

curb guy ยท 2012-01-21 02:03

Hey fellas',do any of you know if a Kenworth T-800 hood will fit on a T-600? I know the cabs are the same,just not sure on the rest.Was wondering if any of you have ever swapped them out? Thanks!!

Replies5
  1. #1curb guy2012-03-17 18:48

    216 views and nobody knows :beatsme

  2. #2Steve Frazier2012-03-18 19:35

    Congratulations! Apparently you're the first to stump our membership lol! Perhaps you could call a truck salvage yard to find out. They nearly always have information like that on file.

  3. #3curb guy2012-03-19 12:16

    Steve, do I win a prize? Just kidding. I've checked with the couple of salvage yards around and even with the kenworth dealership,to no avail.The guys at Kenworth replied,after I asked them,"Nobody has ever asked us that before" So,a buddy of mine just bought a T800 so I'm gonna have him bring it over and I'm just gonna swap 'em out and see for myself.Stay tuned....I will report my findings for future reference.....

  4. #4Willis Bushogin2012-03-19 20:38

    I was looking for a t800 hood a couple years ago, I believe the T600 is shorter. This is for a 1988 KW

  5. #5MilExc2021-07-11 23:02

    Just wondering if you ever figured out if a T800 hood will fit on a T600?