Anybody have any idea who might have an aftermarket kit for the 6405 blade T handle control for the 6 way blade?Mine is very sloppy,so bad in fact I can't pull up the blade easily because the lever hits the hydraulic tank cover.Deere is off the wall with their pricing on this--$1,100 + some other needed linkage to really make it feel like new.Last time I replaced this on another 450C around 1981-82,it was app. $100 and you got all the worn parts replaced in a single kit.
rebuild I have rebuilt several of this type linkage.Remove it and drill out all holes then install new larger pins.Works very well.
You can also drop some hot brass into the holes and then drill them back to size.
OK,sounds easy enough but what EXACTLY are those pins called and how do you ''mushroom'' each end so they don't fall out? Also,where do you get them?
My JD 350 had roll pins, press into one part of the pivot and slight clearance in the rest of the pivot. Rebuilt them a few years back, still work good. Its at the camp so cant tell you much more at this time.