Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T190 acs issues

Asa Joel Spicer ยท 2023-02-10 14:03

I have a t190 that I bought to flip.. everything was working OK as far as hand controls were concerned (hand controls only) this probably has nothing to do with it but my power bobtach switch stopped working. I found it had no power on the white/red wire (1380 i believe), but the plug next to it did (the acs switch, but I don't have the switch so it's just a plug) so I stole the red/white wire (1785) off that and put it in my bobtach switch.. and started working and so I stopped for the day. Now, I don't know lf it was before or after this because i didnt actually run the machine, just putsed with the bobtach switch, but the next day I went to Fire it up and the acs light was on, no boom function. Pulled the code... 32-04.. no acs communication. NO OTHER CODES. So I went looking and at the big acs harness plug (not at the computer plugs themself) I had good power at I believe red/white 1175, my battery power but no power at my switched power, 1740... BUT there were other 1740s (such as for the blower motor) that had power so I figured I had a broken wire.. so I just jumped 12v to it to see if that fixed it... sure enough, clipped on and heard a little actuator "wirr" so i checked the codes and now I had 32-49 actuator shorted to ground. So, swapped plugs and sure enough code changed. Here's where my big problem is, I don't want to just throw parts at it so I checked EVERY other possibility I could. There's zero continuity to ground on either of the actuators on ANY wire. Good continuity on the harness between the acs and actuators. And then before I wrote just now, I figured I'd double check to see if the code would flip like it did yesterday but now it doesn't. It ONLY stays on 32-49. Won't change to 32-50 like I swear it did yesterday. I'd appreciate any input you may have on somehow testing the acs controller... or the actuator.. ANYTHING. I need to get this machine sold and I have a couple people wanting to look at it but obviously can't with this issue.

Replies8
  1. #1ozarkag2023-02-10 23:13

    Acs actuators are reversing motors so don't have a "power" and "ground" wire, controller provides both. If switching actuators swaps code replace actuator.

  2. #2Asa Joel Spicer2023-02-11 09:54

    Like I said now it isn't switching the code. That's why I was hoping for more test options before I start throwing money at it

  3. #3Asa Joel Spicer2023-02-13 20:38

    Any other tests, anyone?

  4. #4ozarkag2023-02-13 22:22

    Unfortunately, it looks to me like the most likely problem is your ACS controller. I would tell you to check all wires etc, but sounds like you have a good understanding of that part. Since swapping the actuators doesn't swap codes the problem "must" be in the wiring or controller. Does the code change to 32-51 if you unplug the actuator? I'm guessing not, but? You can send the controller to Isoscell to test and rebuild.

  5. #5Asa Joel Spicer2023-02-14 15:39

    I don't believe so, but I'll check. I had no idea these were rebuildable from someone, I'll check it out and try to send a message. Thank you!

  6. #6Asa Joel Spicer2023-02-18 22:36

    I wasn't getting a reading from the hall effect sensor inside the actuator so I luckily found one on ebay ($85) since a new actuator is about $450... got everything calibrated and was feeling so good, everything was looking fine, it was feeding back the voltage it was needing to so I put it all back together... then boom. Screwing up again... tell ya what I was pissed. Lol. Starting poking and prodding around and some things weren't making sense. Finally narrowed it down to this broken wire at the pin for the sensor voltage. Guessing the sensor in the actuator was fine but whatever. I got it figured out lol I'll have bobcat put on a new pin on monday!

  7. #7Asa Joel Spicer2023-02-18 22:37

    Broken wire

  8. #8farmerpete872024-10-09 07:36

    hi i would like to jump on this post if i may i have recently purchased a t190 2006 with on 380 hours on it. i have put around 40 hours on it and it been a dream. washed it of a few weeks back and used it breifly with no faults put it away and next time started it it threw codes, i have electric cleaned all connections on loom stripped loom and checked for shorts and run some voltage tests. codes are 32-49 and 32-65 consistently. 32-49 not swapping with actuator plugs. i cannot get a reading from wire orange 1500 from acs controller supposed to be at 5 volts. previously when tested 5 volts was presant and the codes codes cleared the machine started and ran fine for a couple of test runs. put everything back together and went to use it on a job a few days later and codes have reappeared. im thinking the acs may have got damp? is any one able to shed some more light on this? thanks in advance pete