Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T190 Bobcat Blown Exhaust Manifold Gasket

mybmw ยท 2011-10-16 05:46

Gday everyone I am wondering if anyone out there has any advice regarding the changing of a exhaust manifol gasket on 2008 T190 Bobcat skidsteer loader? I am wondering if it is possible to repair it whilst the engine is fitted as it seems like it is pretty tight in there as far as access goes? would appreciate any advice? thx frank

Replies2
  1. #1willie592011-10-16 10:12

    Well, as much as anything, it's got a lot to do with your size. If your a scrappy little fella like me, it can be done, but many choice swear words are typically required. If it has a belt drive cooling fan you can drop the fan out of the plastic fan housing, then remove plastic housing. If it has the hyd driven cooling fan, haven't done one of those myself, but I would think it's still possible to drop fan components and get them out of the way. It's just a bit of trouble to remove these components, but far less than pulling engine. Once you get this stuff out you'll have more room to work, albeit still rather awkward working circumstances. Lay a piece of cardboard on the belly of the beast components or that little porcupine will be prodding you in all manner of uncomfortable spots.

  2. #2mybmw2011-10-22 18:38

    Thx for the advice atco I am not quite small, but hate working in those difficult areas I remember a time when my machine dropped a fuel pickup hose inside the tank even then I was using quite a few choice words as u put it whilst having my stomach all torn torn up with the internal components, thx frank