Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T190 Bobcat bogging and stalls

Wire pliers ยท 2014-12-11 15:25

A little info to start. It is a t190 bobcat with a kubota 2.0 turbo, 2147 hrs, 2004 year model I think but the fuel shut off is mounted on the front with internal plunger if that kinda helps. My problem is when you travel at fuel speed and use a function it bogs down then stalls, it starts right back. I have it on blocks now and remove the inlet tube to the turbo to make sure it was getting plenty of air same problem. Next I changed fuel and air filters, put a new pickup tube in the tank and replaced the elbow on the top of the tank. I check the turbo to make sure there was no play in the shaft it seems fine, the waste gate seems to be working properly. I know it could be the hyd pump but I feel it's in the fuel. At start up I loaded the pump with the tilt and ten tried to WOT and it wouldn't idle up at all, it acted like the cable was disconnected. And when I don't let off the tilt it revs up but it's slow doing so. I have gauges to check Hyd pump pressure but not for the fuel and I'm not real sure what the pressures should be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did put a clear hose from the filter to the injection pump so I could watch the fuel while someone else operated it and the fuel in the hose stayed the same the whole time.

Replies7
  1. #1willie592014-12-11 19:49

    Welcome to HEF Wire pliers. :drinkup You could have a faulty fuel lift pump. Since you can make the engine do this while on blocks, have your helper operate the tilt while you pump the primer bulb like mad and see if it makes a difference.

  2. #2Wire pliers2014-12-13 17:56

    Thanks I'll try that, I feel like the lift pump is good since I put the clear hose on and it never ran out or changed in any way. I'm gonna put a fuel Gaige and check pressure. I think I narrowed it down to fuel pressure loss in the injection pump or faulty waste gate in the turbo. I guess after fuel pressure test I'll see if I can check boost pressure

  3. #3Wire pliers2014-12-29 15:44

    I relaxed the lift pump and have the same problem

  4. #4Wire pliers2014-12-29 15:46

    Replaced lift pump

  5. #5Swannny2014-12-30 15:11

    did you check your hydrualic pump belt tension? May be slipping under load.

  6. #6mrv8outboard2014-12-30 20:16

    Fuel pickup in the tank or the line is restricted between the oil pan and axle tube.

  7. #7carinspector2015-01-07 07:52

    I had one that did this and the tube going into the tank was split sucking air. Pull the tube out and look at it. Also check the tank for algae growth. FYI - Mine does not have a lift pump.