Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T190 coolant issues

1fastmofo · 2019-03-20 13:21

After operating machine for about 45 minutes the coolant reservoir bottle is still cold also I'm not getting a temperature reading when I squeeze the upper radiator hose that goes to the Waterfill neck it's pushing water up into the reservoir I cannot squeeze the lower hose because it has a spiral intercourse anyone have any ideas

Replies5
  1. #1Vetech632019-03-20 16:02

    I'm not really understanding what the machine problem is. The overflow bottle is there for the cooling system to either expand or contract antifreeze to meet the needs of the cooling system staying full. The only time the bottle will be at operating temperature is if the engine is overheating, the cap cracks open , and the fluid is pushed into the bottle itself. The coolant will be at its hottest going into the top of the radiator then should cool an average of 30-35 degrees when it comes out the lower hose back into the water pump. So what exactly is your machine doing that has you grabbing and squeezing hoses?

  2. #21fastmofo2019-03-20 17:46

    The coolant is ice cold I can stick my finger in the overflow bottle after 45 minutes of run time it should be hot, makes me think it is not circulating I assumed air however by squeezing the line running to the thermostat housing and it moving the water in the bottle makes me think air is not the issue, my temp is not registering either

  3. #3Vetech632019-03-21 06:37

    The cooling system doesn't circulate through the overflow bottle so getting a feel from the bottle for the temp of the engine will not be accurate at all. You really need to either plug in a manual temp gauge near the thermostat housing or use a heat gun. You may want to check and see if the engine has a thermostat in it as it will regulate the temp and cooling of the system. The fact that the gauge is not working could be electrical or a faulty sender, broken or corroded wiring, bad gauge...………..or there could be nothing wrong with it at all and the cooling system is not heating up enough.

  4. #41fastmofo2019-03-21 09:41

    I appreciate your reply, I feel a lot better after reading your post thank you

  5. #5Delmer2019-03-21 11:35

    fix your gauge if it bother you, or feel the block after an hour, it should be hot, if you can keep your bare hand on the water jacket then it's not hot enough, some yokel removed the thermostat, replace it. If it's not boiling or losing coolant, then it's not overheating.