Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T190 glow plug activation when machine is warm

tephensay ยท 2023-11-04 18:23

my Bobcat T190 skidsteer activates the glowplugs and starts easily on a cold day, however, on a warm day the glowplug timer does not come on and it takes a while to startvit . When the machine is stillcwarm frim use the glow plug timer doe not come on and it restarts easily. I think that this is a bobcat thing and I would like ro set it up so I always have glow plug functionality... any suggestions here?

Replies4
  1. #1ozarkag2023-11-05 21:42

    You would have to add a push button to manually power the glow relay. Believe it will throw an error code if you manually overide with key on, either ignore or glow before turning ignition on. Might be worth your time to make sure the temp sensor for the glow timer is accurate, I think it runs off coolant temp.

  2. #2tephensay2023-11-05 22:04

    great information, will install a manual button is this the normal situation/algorithm for the T190 or other like machines?

  3. #3ozarkag2023-11-06 08:27

    Yes, it is normal to glow on cold days, and not in warm weather. In warm weather should though start easily without glowing. I'm guessing your engine is worn enough that it starts a little hard, and glowing a bit helps it out.

  4. #4tephensay2023-11-06 13:39

    That all makes sense to me now. I will install a manual glow button workaround. Thanks for your assistance on this matter...