Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T190 Wiper Motor

NCPIPELINE ยท 2013-04-30 12:14

I am getting power to the connector, but the motor will not turn. On the parts diagram it says "wiper motor with built in fuse" is there a way to check or replace the fuse? Ideas? :beatsme

Replies8
  1. #1Delmer2013-04-30 12:29

    If the motor is an open circuit (no continuity, ohms>100), that's pretty clear either the motor and/or the fuse is burned out. Sure wouldn't hurt to tear into it, and bypass or replace the fuse. Any pictures?

  2. #2NCPIPELINE2013-04-30 12:45

    I was thinking about tearing into, but it seems to be a sealed unit

  3. #3Delmer2013-04-30 13:19

    First, if there are only two wires is there any continuity between them? if not give it a whack with a small hammer and check again. Then I'd see if the sheet metal will some off and see closer where the wires go into the motor, then straighten those tabs and take the black plastic end cover off of the motor and see what you can see. Guessing there's a fuse in the windings that burned out, just take it out of the circuit, and add an inline fuse if you want.

  4. #4NCPIPELINE2013-04-30 13:57

    It has 3 wires, will disassemble what I can.

  5. #5NCPIPELINE2013-04-30 15:05

    I dont see anything that looks like a fuse, and everything that is inside is soldered in.

  6. #6Bobcatdan2013-05-01 18:42

    I don't know of any fuse, replace the motor.

  7. #7NCPIPELINE2013-05-02 05:58

    LOL, I had found this, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bobcat-Wipe...S185-S205-skid-steer-/321054098644#vi-content OEM wants around that price just for the motor.

  8. #8Delmer2013-05-02 20:51

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trico-23000...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af0de88cc&vxp=mtr Do you feel lucky?