I just recently purchased a drive belt and alternator belt for my t200. I noticed an issue prior to removing the old drive belt...there is a "stop" bar secured by two bolts that the holes to which are elongated... This bar on my machine is broken. I am not sure where the piece that comes in contact with the belt tensioner spring went but it isn't there. My question is this.... Can I remove the old belt and reinstall without this piece? I'm just curious how I will get the correct tension on the belt. I doubt this is a part that bobcat stocks. Thanks.
Are you saying the bar with the slotted hole that is part of the drive belt tensioner is broken? If so, most likely you need to replace the drive belt tensioner. My Bobcat dealer keeps them in stock, but I got so many numbers in my head that I can't recall for the life of me how much they cost.
No the piece that is broken is the flat stock steel bolted directly under the air box. I believe it is used for adjustment as the manual states "loosen the two bolts for the stop bar and slide it back until it makes contact with drive belt tensioner spring. Tighten the two bolts. Make sure spring bolt is tight". Not exact as the machine and book are in the garage but close.
Ah, now I know what you're talking about, your tensioner uses that long extension spring to pull idler arm and tension belt. You're referring to the idler arm stop plate. You could possibly use the machine without that stop plate, however, under heavy driving load (or fast starts) the belt would make the idler arm pivot and possibly cause belt to slip. You need to replace that stop plate for the drive to work properly.
Ok I will be calling the dealer first thing. I hope they have one. Thanks!