Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T250 drive issue

BR2022 · 2022-05-18 19:05

I have a 2005 T250 with sjc controls it was working and operating fine and all of the sudden the right track won’t drive. The track itself moves freely. There were no noises from the drive motor or anything unusual prior to this happening. I tried switching from ISO to H pattern to see if it may have been a joystick issue but no luck. It doesn’t even try to move if I motion the joystick control that direction. Just changed hydraulic fluid and filter as well as case drain filter 5 hours before starting to have issues, no debris in case drain everything looks well. Lift/Tilt/left drive works fine. Any ideas?

Replies4
  1. #1Txhayseed2022-05-20 01:49

    Do you have any codes ? If you don't have any codes that would most likely eliminate a swash plate sensor/ joystick/ actuator /soleniod. That would leave you with just the parking brake circuit causing issue or motor itself.

  2. #2BR20222022-05-20 06:37

    I was playing around with it last night and it shut down on me and gave error code 05-15

  3. #3pat862022-05-20 20:08

    We have a t870 that had the same problem, lost right drive and sent a charge pressure code. It ended up being the hydrostatic pump that was failing on the right section. After replacing the pump I was still having a problem with the right track. I pulled the brake block out and totally disassembled. I flushed it out in a bucket with new cleaner in it so I can see what came out. I replaced the electric actuators and the check valves because I wasn’t 100% sure there wasn’t any bronze shavings inside. That fixed the problem for me.

  4. #4Txhayseed2022-05-21 12:55

    Both brakes pull release pressure from the same port on brake release block. So if one side is releasing you should be getting pressure to both. I guess you could pull right side line off and verify nothing was obstructing flow after the block and between motor. If your getting release pressure to motor then that would leave you a parking brake issue itself, drive motor or drive pump. You can swap lines on the pumps pretty easily to see if problem then switches sides of if it does not switch and stays the same your left with parking brake or wheel motor. Luckily its tear it down to inspect both. The wheel motors are really very simple to tear down. Not much to them at all. If you have to go that route getting it off the machine is worse that tearing it down