Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T300 Bobcat Electrical Issues

Jason B · 2018-12-03 16:48

Have a T300 bobcat that has some electrical problems. Hopefully someone has a schematic to share!! First off the door is gone, and my customer feels the door switch needs to be jumpered. It often cuts out the hydraulics when driving so you can’t lift the loader frame. He assumes because it’s not seeing door closed but I’m not sure why it would work at all then. When you push the button to activate hydraulics all 4 green lights come on. Only the loader one goes out when problem occurs. Press button again a away you go. And now apparently there is no voltage anywhere even when they try and boost it. Just like battery is dead. I’m going back to it tomorrow and would love a schematic to follow through. SN is 525414524

Replies12
  1. #105sprcrw2018-12-03 17:41

    From what I remember on mine if I take the door off the machine it doesn't use the sensor once that harness is unplugged. I take my door on and off and it never locks me out, when I open the door with it all activated I think my lap bar light blinks until I close the door again, then goes back to solid and I can use the tilt and lift functions. I can double check tonight, but I am sure more knowledgeable guys will know off the top of their head. I can take pics of my wiring schematics, just need to know which one you want, it may be slightly different my service manual is a bit newer serial number range and for an S300.

  2. #2Jason B2018-12-03 17:55

    That’s be great. Any info helps. I’m a Deere guy not a bobcat guy. In the end they are all nuts and bolts. Just need some info so I’m not shooting in the dark. Main power schematic would be nice. As I say they claim there’s no power to anything at the moment. Could be very simple but won’t have service where I’m going either.

  3. #3willie592018-12-03 18:34

    As stated previously, when you remove the door the door switch is no longer used in the BICS circuit. Could be a problem with the lap bar sensor. And I'm not saying it's the case here, but I have seen, shall we say, rather large operators that their girth wouldn't allow the lap bar to drop fully and would cause this problem. Just thought I'd mention that as it's a possibility. But the no power is a different problem. Check your battery connections first, make sure everything is good there. And especially check that bundle of black wires that attach to the stud on the negative battery terminal. If it's all good there, follow the red cable from positive battery terminal to the master fuse located just above the battery and make sure you have power going through there. After that check the fuses in between you legs when you're sitting in the seat.

  4. #405sprcrw2018-12-04 07:23

    I just wanted to correct the light that blinks in this statement, when all 4 lights are active if I open the door the lift / tilt function will blink continuously until I close the door again then it will go back to solid and I can use them. Also here is a bcis trouble shooting table from the service manual the electrical prints are pretty small to read not sure how well the picture will work on those but I have a few things that may help. These 4 pages help trouble shoot the BCIS system.

  5. #505sprcrw2018-12-04 07:25

    Here is the electrical print hopefully they have the deluxe cab I just guessed on which electrical schematic to grab.

  6. #6Vetech632018-12-04 07:53

    Nice job 05!

  7. #7Jason B2018-12-04 11:08

    Thanks so much!!! I’m headed there now!!

  8. #8willie592018-12-04 18:41

    Yes, it will trip the BICS if you "open" the door if the door harness is connected to the machine harness. However, when you remove the door, in doing so you "disconnect" the door harness (door switch) from the machine harness. When you do that the door switch circuit doesn't trip the BICS controller, the machine will work proper with the door removed, it just doesn't see a door to be able to see a door is open.

  9. #9willie592018-12-04 18:45

    You should also verify the alarm is working. When you first power up the machine you should hear one long beep from the alarm. If this works, you need to listen for three short beeps of the alarm during operation. If you ever hear those three short beeps it's the main controller telling you it's seeing a fault somewhere

  10. #10Jason B2018-12-05 10:35

    Going back to unit today. Didn’t get much time yesterday but did find, loader/attachment light flashes continuously after lap bar down and button pressed. Loader control valve lockout won’t release. Checked codes and found 9-21 most commonly occurring, 22-03 sometimes, 31-28 rarely, 34-04 once. The power issue they had was a blown maxi fuse due to a shorted starter pull in winding. New fuse and starter fixed that problem.

  11. #11BC873G2018-12-05 11:09

    For the 9-21 error, check for a bad fuel sender.

  12. #12willie592018-12-05 19:10

    Might want to check everything once more to verify as none of those codes are related to problems with the BICS hyd lock valve or the spool locks. The only code related that would be suspect would be the 34-04 Deluxe Panel In Error. It sounds like the problem is in the cab circuits and/or components. I think you should get an opinion from Crewchief888 on this one.