Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T300 Bobcat leaking pump

Jimcolt ยท 2013-05-24 21:38

I have a 2003 bobcat T300 that has a hydraulic leak on the pump that drives the track. I removed the track, cleaned and de-greased the pump so I could visually see where the leak is. I started it and ran the pump forward and backwards without the track on and this is how much oil came out in about 1 min of running. My thought is to replace the seals because it seems like alot of fluid with no load on the system. Does anyone know what seal kit to use and if so any thought on how difficult it is to replace the seals? Is this a job a that has to taken to the pros? It is always something!!! Cheers

Replies6
  1. #1T2002013-05-24 23:55

    I'm not sure how easy it is to replace seals on this but I will tell you this..... I am in the process of replacing one of those hydraulic drive motors because mine failed. If you do happen to disassemble that hydraulic motor and not put it back together the correct way it could cost you thousands. Regardless there is something I have learned with these track machines...... EVERYTHING undercarriage related is ridiculously expensive. How many hours are on the machine and have you ever "serviced" each hydraulic motor on it yet?

  2. #2willie592013-05-24 23:58

    Yes, those Rexroth units are expensive T200. Have you priced replacement motor fro Loader Parts Source? Typically a couple of hundred bucks less than Bobcat.

  3. #3Jimcolt2013-05-25 07:14

    Hey T200, I agree everything for the undercarriage is very expensive. I have about 1750 hours on the unit. The sad part is I just replaced the entire drive pump on the other side from bobcat to the tune of about $4,000. I am trying to avoid going down that road with this pump. What do you mean about having the pump serviced? I'm new to the world of skid steers...

  4. #4Jimcolt2013-05-25 07:32

    Hey willie59 I just checked out LPS and it is cheaper than what bobcat is telling me the seal kit costs. Any chance you have every tried to replace the seals on drive motors. If so is it a PITA? I've had the machine for only about 250 hrs and it seems to be money hungry ever more than my wife. (I'm guessing that she will never see this fourm) cheers

  5. #5willie592013-05-25 23:03

    I've worked on a couple, but by the time they get to me they've grenaded inside, not worth me messing with rebuild, instead fit a re-man from LPS. However, I did take one apart just to see what failed, then put it back together to use it for a core toward an LPS replacement. That's been some time ago, but seems I recall it wasn't hard to take apart and re-assemble.

  6. #6bustedknuckle2013-06-02 18:34

    No need to tear the whole motor down. It's leaking between the brake housing and the main housing. With the motor off the machine, remove the small allen bolts on the backside. Loosen them one turn at a time working your way around the bolt pattern. The cone spring for the brake is under that cover, and will push the cover up when the bolts are removed. Pull the cover off, then the cone spring, then remove the brake piston. Under the piston, you'll see either 8 or 10 larger allen bolts. Remove those, and the brake housing will come off, and the leaking quad ring is under that. Make sure to clean the bolts and the bolt holes and use loctite upon reassembly.