Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T800 flatbed rear suspension

we t800 ยท 2025-07-12 08:36

i have a 2007 kw t800 24' flatbed . on it is the haul max suspension, there is NO AIRRIDE on this truck at all except for the seat. its all highway miles that i run. GVW is 58000 what can i do for a better ride? (shocks)? when loaded its not to bad , however empty its a nightmare I'm bouncing outta the seat, truck feels like its falling apart going down the highway. lol any thoughts or recommendations? TIA.

Replies9
  1. #1CM19952025-07-12 09:33

    Welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you. I not the most knowledgeable truck guy but why not swap out the rear suspension to an air ride system? What are you hauling? Also I am going to change the title of the thread to T800 flatbed rear suspension. Hopefully that will catch our truck members attention. Best of luck!

  2. #2Truck Shop2025-07-12 10:02

    Lot of work--can either buy a cutoff complete with extra rail to weld on with using inside liners, or buy a complete air ride suspension with all air operations for brakes too. Remove the old redrill install. But Kenworth AG 400 is the suspension to use for fit up, plus get all the cross- members that go with it. The Haul Max will sell.

  3. #392U 34062025-07-12 15:53

    If you're running in conditions that warrant the use of the Haulmaxx I'd look to swap in Neway air ride. I'd say the majority of trucks out in the bush hauling logs or running the oil patch have Neway these days or the Primaxx air ride. JMO.

  4. #4crane operator2025-07-12 16:53

    I guess I'd like to know what you are hauling on the flatbed. I've got a 8 bag kw that I think is miserable with a flatbed. But one of my guys loves to drive it, because it rides so nice. I feel like I'm on a boat in the ocean, leaning this way and then that. Its really bad if you get a off center load. I think in a 5th wheel application a 8 bag would be fine. I would prefer a neway or hendrickson 4 bag if I was choosing. I see the haulmaxx's under concrete trucks and some off road duty dump trucks. But they sure don't look like they would be a very soft ride empty. I think shocks were a option on the haulmaxx. Adding shocks would be far cheaper and easier than swapping suspension, but I have my doubts that you'll be pleased.

  5. #5Truck Shop2025-07-12 17:11

    Late AG 400 PacCar is 4 bag suspension. I would never go with 8 Bag. The reason to stay with a PacCar suspension is it keeps it standardized with brand of truck. A much easier install.

  6. #692U 34062025-07-12 17:38

    Seems like dual levelling valves make air ride more stable and level since there's a valve for each side. Every truck ordered with air ride that runs off pavement that I've seen was ordered with dual valves.

  7. #7cfherrman2025-07-12 20:45

    Drive slower

  8. #8Coaldust2025-07-12 23:55

    On PACCAR, 3830510 sales code is standard for dual leveling valves. No matter what I ask for. Then, I have to pay to change it to a single. Because, tanker yanker.

  9. #9Truck Shop2025-07-13 06:00

    Thinking back your right--all of our 2021/22 T990/W900L's came with twin.