whats the difference between them. besides the hood and model number
T880 is just a newer version of a T800. T800's have been around forever and they recently updated most of their model numbers. T300's are now T370's I believe. T400's are T440's, T600's are T660's and so on. There's other new models mixed in also. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
can you still get the T800
I think so. They're usually ordered now but I think you can still get one. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
What do the numbers represent? What difference is there between a T600, T900, T950 etc? I realise that the bigger numbers are for bigger trucks, but do the numbers actually mean anything? Also what is the difference between the T model and the W model Kenworths?
Nope, the bigger numbers aren't for bigger trucks. You can spec a t600 at 46,000 lb gvwr, or above 80,000 gvwr; and a t800 or w900 the same way. Now the C500, as far as I know, they are always from big to huge. The t600 and t800 are aerodynamic, and the w900 is old style. I think the primary differences are styling, with some differences in available specs. The t600 has a narrower grill and pointier nose than the t800.
The "T"'s have a set back steering axle for better turning radius and the "W"s are a more conventional truck with the steer axle farther forward. W900L being the farthest. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
You're right. I was so sure you could get a T800 in a setback or forward axle that I went to the kw website and looked.
Those model numbers are kinda just guidelines. You can spec those trucks so many different ways. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
What threw you off is that they have made T800s with a high grill (like a W900) and W900s with the T800-style sloped hood. You usually see the latter on cement trucks.