Hey guys, I have a 2013 Terex TA300 which periodically shuts off while driving or while parked. When this happens the instrument panel turns off, engine shuts down and parking brake activates. After a few seconds, power is restored to the instrument panel and the gauges cycle. Sometimes but not always, this is accompanied with three MCU error codes (110, 113 and 116.) Two things happen when you attempt to restart the truck. Either it starts up as it should or the engine turns over but it doesn't start. When the latter occurs, the fuel gauge does not cycle off of empty (when power is restored to the instrument panel.) I'm assuming the fuel gauge and the fuel pump are on the same circuit, which may explain why the engine only turns over but does not start. If you turn the key off and on or cycle the master switch it will usually start. However there are times where you have to let it sit for a few hours. I checked the wiring harness and connector pins that pertain to the three MCU codes but found no problem. I haven't investigated the codes any further because I believe the problem maybe with the MCU itself. I wanted to get some other opinions since I am not a Terex mechanic. There is also a 186 TCU code. I don't believe it is related to the above issue however I felt I should definitely mention it. I really appreciate any help you guys can give me! I don't have the serial number for the truck right now, however I can add it later if need.
Richard 1, You are number 1 in my book. Welcome to the HEF. Good to have you. The TA300 is a cool looking truck. Sounds like a great gig. Does it have a radio? Air conditioner? Drive around, listen to some music, dump a load. Eat snacks. I could get used to that. Are you hiring? Oh’ yeah. I would closely check the battery box, batteries and connections first. You could have a battery with a busted cell strap, internal or a messed up battery post. Making an intermittent connection. Are the battery hold downs still there? Probably not. Batteries are banging around, terminals are probably covered in green growth.
Thanks Coaldust, both batteries are secure, test Good and are less than a year old. Terminals and connectors are in good shape.
Make any progress on it today?
No, didn't have a chance to look at it today.
I've got a 2017 TA300 similar issues. Currently running troubleshooting and made a lot of progress. Where are you sitting now with yours?
Where the connectors are on the MCU peel back the wiring and Check that all the pins are pushing securely. I have multiple pins that push out when you clamp the connector causing intermittent starting issues. I just replaced the chassis harness to get my bed working again and had Case Power try to get a new MCU to read but we had same issue with a new one that was programmed correctly.
Fuzzbucker thanks for the info. After a lot of trouble shooting I found damage to both of the circuit boards in the MCU. Currently I'm looking for a programed MCU to replace it. Do you know of a supplier?
Do you know where case power got the new mcu? I'm having no luck finding a new or used one. Thanks
They got it from Terex in Sweden it had to be programmed overseas. We installed it though and are experiencing the same issues. Now I found a source for the mcu online as well; ifm ecomat mobile's website Ifm.com you can search by build # for example mine is CR0232