Our motor went out in our mini ex. It's an older machine with a yanmar motor Basically motor went bad so the guy that owned it before me put a kubota v1503 motor in it But the motor is only a 25 hp motor An the old motor was a 33 hp. The kubota runs it fine but it heats up in like 30 mins of opperation. I'm looking for a bigger hp motor to put back in its place. I have kubota v1703 motor an it's a 34 hp but the over all length is longer an not sure if there's enuff wiggle room for more modifications. Anyone ever did an engine upgrade to something other than a expensive yanmar
When you say its heating up, are you going by water temp or oil temp? If its water, MAKE SURE the fan is blowing the right direction.. if it is, maybe make a shroud, directing the air where you need it to go.. & of course, make sure the rad. is clean of debris.. I know these are basic checks but sometimes it doesn't hurt to throw them out there..
Well I think the radiator that was put in it may not be the original one It also has a electric fan thats mounted to the radiator. It's a small one. It draws air threw the hyd oil cooler and threw the radiator An blows on the motor. I'm not sure what the cfm,s are The water temp will reach nearly 250 degrees An the radiator looks to have maybe a 2 row radiator (looks pretty thin). But I had a WhAt looks to be a 4 row radiator that I've installed in there. An I went to napa an ordered another electric fan that blow around 1250 cfm,s Gonna have to play with it to get the fan in that tite area. Would of loved to of got a higher cfm radiator but they were all much bigger An I don't have much space to play with. Machine runs like thirty mins an warms up to an unsafe zone. Let it set an idle for a while an temp slowly drops Back down
had a 350 b jd dozer with an electric fan and no shroud installed before i inherited it, always ran hot and had to let it cool down. finally found a shroud from a 350c and redrilled mounting holes. ran cooler imediatly.
Well I found a electric fan that mounts flush to Radiator. It has rubber trim All the way around it to help with air flow. I have the fan mounted between radiator an motor. No room to install on other side due to hyd oil cooler covers half of radiator an filter houseing there too. I have it wired to draw threw if from outside. May try to wire it were it pushes air threw it an see how it goes
Gonna try to wire it for reverse operations cause I let it run a qtr throttle an it got up round 220 just from running alone an not useing it. Then I idled it down for Few mins An temp went back down. So that's why just outta though we gonna turn wires around for reverse air flow
maybe after market fans cant flow as much air as an iron fan with shrouding??