Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

takeuchi 53fr cab interference system

stumpjumper83 ยท 2015-04-16 18:36

So I have a tak 53fr. Im having trouble getting the cab / bucket protection system to let the boom rock back, when boom is all the way to the right. It had been acting up a little like when left for a couple of days it would take a little fidigiting with the switch to make it work right. Today it quit working right all together, switch does nothing. What are my chances that I have a bad switch, and how does the system work? A latching relay? Could I have a broke wire somewhere? Are there any diagnostic tests?

Replies9
  1. #1diga2015-04-16 21:56

    Howdy Stumpjumper I had a new 138FR a few years back and it played up at one stage, It could very well be the switch (on the dash) as you expect, but it can also come out of adjustment down where the boom slews (full right offset), mine had a micro switch with with a small arm & bearing attached that the right hand arm would have to rub on to trigger it was in the "safe" posistion, they can wear and not trigger correctly and also from memory there is some more bits and bob's to check on top of boom down low where they pivot from memory . Sorry I cant be more precise, it's been a few years since having a Tacky.

  2. #2Matty1802015-04-17 06:17

    I have a tb138fr and am having the same problem. The boom will not go back all the way. Only up to about 90 degrees. If I try and go past it gets all jerky. Is that micro switch on the boom or on the boom pivot. Any idea how those 2 switches work on boom also part of The ais system. Thanks Matt

  3. #3pafarmer2015-04-17 06:27

    Micro switches are shot. Replace both ...if one is gone the other is soon to follow....

  4. #4diga2015-04-17 16:33

    Hi Matty From memory that's what my 138 was doing, it would become very jerky going past the 90deg mark, it was only the micro switch on the boom offset that needed adjustment, it would become jerky as the switch was "making & braking" . Its down under the front panel near the horn, just adjust it first before replacing it, Tacky parts weren't cheap here in OZ.

  5. #5Matty1802015-04-17 19:19

    Is it these sensors. I feel like I am looking At the wrong ones TB138FR Book No. BG5Z002 S N 13810003-

    Thanks matt

  6. #6Matty1802015-04-17 19:21

    Sorry it didn't paste pic Here is link page 180 http://dracoequipment.com/Takeuchi ...arts Manuals/PARTS MANUAL TB138FR BG5Z002.pdf Thanks matt

  7. #7diga2015-04-18 16:22

    Hi Matt Page 36 is the offset switch I am talking about, if this is out of adjustment (or faulty) it also affects the workings as well, being that if this switch is not triggered the system wont realize that the boom is fully offset to the right and wont allow the boom to go past the cab (past 90 deg),this was the switch that needed adjusting on mine. Page 180 is also correct for the other (two) switches, they are all the same P/no-: 1700000014, there are 3 in total. Cheers.

  8. #8Matty1802015-04-19 19:56

    Ok thanks for the help. Was the micro switch On the offset boom. Just needed adjustment Now works flawlessly. Thanks again. Matt

  9. #9diga2015-04-19 20:41

    Hi Matt Glad it was a simple fix for you, even better you didn't need to shell out money for parts. Cheers, Peter.