Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi backup camera

bmckenzie · 2025-12-02 18:37

I've got a TL-6 and the reverse camera has a cracked lens with dust inside so the monitor looks like your looking through the end of a dirty coke bottle. A new Takeuchi camera is over $900 . Anyone know if an aftermarket camera would hookup and work with the stock monitor? If not I'll just get an aftermarket system with screen and mount it the opposite corner.

Replies3
  1. #1Tony Wells2025-12-03 00:41

    I put one on a 250 Tak and it worked fine for the view. It did not have any fancy features like the path frames, but I don't know if it even should have. The camera I ran into was 100% down so I couldn't compare. I think I spent less than $100. I'm not even sure where the machine is presently, but I probably can get the model and brand if you need it. It was nothing special IIRC. The video signal is more or less a standard.

  2. #2bmckenzie2025-12-03 16:54

    Thank you, I'll try a regular camera then , don't have much to loose!

  3. #3Tony Wells2025-12-03 19:33

    The most common camera signal is a composite video, mixed colors and will have a yellow booted BNC connector. Best case, your monitor will have that connection and will plug in. It’s small coax cable and all there is besides that is a power supply pair.