Hi all, I am curious what others think about an acceptable timeframe for a dealer to troubleshoot and fix a new machine? I have a 100hr TB260 that is having regen issues. Does anyone here have experience with this? Thanks.
Welcome to HEF DeepCountry, With a competent mechanic it should only take a few hours to diagnose the problem. If it is a new machine and is teir4 final then it will be under new machine warranty and the emissions system is under a additional warranty good for 5 years or 5,000 hours. Whichever comes first. So if it's a incompetent mechanic then let them take as much time as they like. Teir4 final is a complicated system and can be difficult to diagnose. What is the exact problem that you are having with the emissions?
Thanks for the reply, BigWrench. The machine was stuck in regen, as in a continuous loop now it calls for a manual regen every 20 minutes. I think that I am getting fuel into the oil with some carbon sludge. I agree on patience but I am more curious about any sort of standard timeframe when dealing with dealerships. I do not think that I would be having this problem with my JD or Case dealership- but where we are today with service is much different that where we were.... As I wait for this machine, I am losing money. The machine is awesome but my intuition is telling me that I may have a dud of dealer that is not concerned with getting my machine out the door and working. I'm curious what other's turn around times are... Thank you.
If they are even close to a decent dealer and it’s taking them too long to repair/figure it out, they should at the very least give you a machine to use until yours is repaired. At least you could suggest that.
Is this a brand new machine or a used machine? If brand new, the dealership should make the offer of a least a no or low cost rental while yours is being repaired. I don't even know who deals the Taks now days.
In our area Takeuchi dealerships are typically second and third string dealers, often compact tractor dealers. We have major brand dealers (think Cat, Komatsu, and Deere), more moderate dealers (such as Case, Kobelco, Gehl, Hyundai, Sany, etc) and then dealers that usually deal in utility/compact/lawn and garden stuff. diagnosis speed depends greatly on a number of factors including technician competency, service literature, software and support (there are plenty of problems the manufacturers know about but don’t bother to pass along to the technicians unless you pry it out of them), and of course access on the machine itself. The more complicated these machines get the longer it takes even for the best mechanics.
How long have they had the machine?
Thank you to all those who replied. I asked around with some friends at other dealerships. Turn around is about 3 weeks with everyone short on diesel mechanics and general labor. It took 3 weeks to get my machine back. It appears that I had a failed dpf filter. Odd, but runs great now.
3 weeks to diagnose a failed filter? That should have been one of the 1st things to check and also about the easiest. Yes, you had a legit complaint with it taking that long.
The rub here is that a bad DPF is the result of the failure of something else, whether its a stuck egr valve, leaky fuel injector, coolant exposure from head gasket leakage, oil exposure from leaky turbo seal, etc...