Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi Machine advise

good-dog ยท 2011-10-23 15:42

HI When your buying a used Takeuchi is there a model/year you should stay away from,I read someware that some parts are not available.I see a lot of 135 around which is a little big, would like to get a 3 to 4 ton and is a rubber track the way to go,or is it better to go steel.It will be used to clean up a 39 ac bush lot.What would you say about a 1989 TB 36 3.5 ton ask $13000 thanks any recommendation

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies3
  1. #1icestationzebra2011-10-24 21:12

    Sorry, I wrote a reply thinking you wanted a track loader not an excavator. ISZ

  2. #2farmerboy2011-10-25 10:02

    Bought a slightly bigger graymarket Cat, MM55RS. Has steel and used it to clean up five acres on coast in BC. Has a thumb and would consider that necessary. Machine has paid for itself many times over. Paid a little less than your idea at Ritchie auction.

  3. #3Jlillie22011-10-25 14:43

    $13,000 is an awful lot for an older machine, if it had 200hrs on it maybe... B-) (My guess is that it probably has well over 2500 hours on it ...) I can tell you that some of the older units, (Like my TB25 for example) if the track motor goes, you are pretty much out of luck. The supplier no longer stocks parts for those. So unless you can find a parts machine..... On the bright side I was able to fix mine, but results may vary. Here is my machine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI1uQxgLsDY Two things I'll add, I love my Take but I was able to buy it (broken) for under $3000.00 US. So if you can find a deal, I'm all about that, if you have the skills. The second thing would be that it seems to be a lot stronger than an equivalent sized Cat. (Not trying to **** people off, just a personal observation there.) B-)