Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tb 175 help

WAVEY ยท 2013-05-17 15:01

First of all Hello Everyone! I have a Takeuchi TB 175 that is starting and tehn stalls right away. Ran fine yesterday. Changed fuel filter. Any suggestion??? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1stumpjumper832013-05-17 20:55

    how long is right away? Are any error lights coming on? Is the fuel solenoid not staying back?

  2. #2WAVEY2013-05-18 11:00

    Tb 175 Thanks for the reply. Raining right now so I have to wait. The engine starts, runs for about 10 seconds then just shuts off. I have changed the fuel filter, unpluged the rad coolant switch low switch and even the oil pressure switch one at a time. Still same thing. Its full of fuel and no air blockage that I can see.

  3. #3stumpjumper832013-05-18 11:21

    does it do this constantly or does it start, die, and make you wait before it will re-fire?

  4. #4hitachi daft2013-05-19 04:20

    low level water sensor on radiator pipe take it off and earth out the wire coming to sensor your water level and oil pressure switch will be flashing when your engine shuts down sensor will be dirty some times you can take it out and clean but I have broke more than got working hope this helps

  5. #5wedigskook2013-05-19 23:45

    I had similar problem on a tb135 not sure if there set up the same or not but I replaced the electric fuel pump by the battery with a Napa 7 psi pump for $55 and fixed my problem the OEM pump was like $200. Mine had a crack in the power wire were they go through the rubber grommet inside the pump