Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB016

Tacitus ยท 2022-04-02 18:40

First post Hi there! Nice forum you have here. Quick background: I am near Sydney Australia, bought a mini excavator to do some building work, rock retaining wall etc. Takeuchi TB016 year 2011 with 3000 hours. Regularly serviced by Takeuchi dealer. My experience with excavators is limited to operating a rented one every blue moon. My little toy works well and does what is required. So far bought a new cushion since original was a bit daggy. Added quick flat face coupling to the valves on the arm for a grabber I bought to move rocks around. So far so good. Now to the question. Battery light is flashing. Previous owner told me Takeuchi dealer serviced the machine and told him it was due to a faulty diode in the instrument cluster, and that short of replacing the instrument cluster, it is of no consequence since alternator is charging. Not satisfied, asked my local Takeuchi dealer who told me there are no diodes in the instrument cluster but there is a sensor in the alternator that needs resetting. (Actually he previously told me the sensor was in the battery) A bit confused, talked to my local auto electrician who said ... faulty alternator, take it off the machine and I'll fix it or replace it. Ok ... hope you came so far and that you are familiar with my little Take. The machine is some distance from civilization and I need to take the alternator off. Saw a video on YouTube about replacing the water pump that gave me a headache. Must dismantle half the machine to get to it! Hope the alternator is easier to remove. If you can post how to, I will be very grateful. Hooroo Tacitus

Replies1
  1. #1Johnfused2024-10-05 13:01

    Two and a half years gone by and no response!! My machine is not charging (still only 12v when running). It only has 500 hours on it. I've seen that video you mentioned where the guy had to remove the canopy, the counterweight-- as you said, half the machine. It's the only info I've been able to find on the whole interscreen. I've just thought vaguely about cutting into the ventilation panel on the side and putting it on hinges. So, how did you get on in the end?