Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB125 Drive Motor

GlynWilliams ยท 2025-04-11 05:51

Hi guys, thanks for letting me join the forum. I have a Takeuchi TB125 mini excavator, serial number 12518098, its an old machine, about 2007 I am trying to identify the drive motor on the machine, as I need to replace an internal part. I've checked all the Takeuchi manuals I can find and they don't show a drive motor that looks like the picture attached. If anyone can offer any suggestions as to which one it is, I'd be massively grateful Thanks in advance. Cheers Glyn.

Replies10
  1. #1Samarskii_ma2025-04-11 06:15
  2. #2GlynWilliams2025-04-11 08:29

    Hi Samarskii_ma, thanks for your reply I really appreciate it. Unfortunately that is the same diagram that I had found, and I think it doesn't match the drive motor on the machine as it appears to have 3 hydraulic pipe connections whereasmine has 4. Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Cheers Glyn.

  3. #3heymccall2025-04-11 09:37

    It's the correct one. That drawing simply doesn't show the 4th line.

  4. #4Tones2025-04-11 17:24

    That complete drive motor and planetary comes from a factory, either Nabtesco or HiDash. Without the tag on the motor it will be difficult to identify but there are numerous businesses who specialise in the repair of these who will know exactly what it is. What is the part you're looking for?

  5. #5GlynWilliams2025-04-12 05:25

    Hi guys, thanks so much for your replies . Heymccall, I was wondering if you could let me know where you got the diagram from please. It is exactly thesame as the layout on my machine. Thank you very much. Tones, I had a hydraulic pipe refitted and the engineer said he'd found a part "left over" and he didn't know where it belonged. I've attached a picture of the part, its less than 1/2 an inch high. The drive motor only tracks in high hydraulic flow mode (it doesn't track at all in normal mode) on the side with the part missing. I'm not sure where the part belongs, eg, above or below the piston that dropped out during the repair and whether any other parts (a spring maybe) might also be missing. Thanks again guys for your help on this, your advice is invaluable. Cheers Glyn.

  6. #6Tones2025-04-12 05:37

    That part could be the piston for the 2 speed. It changes the angle of the swash plate and requires pressure to do so. Darned if I can see any photo of it. There should also be a spring that goes with it.

  7. #7GlynWilliams2025-04-12 05:48

    Ooops, sorry I forgot to attach the photo.

  8. #8heymccall2025-04-12 08:14

    Just a guess, but #18. I also suspect missing adjacent parts.

  9. #9Tones2025-04-12 16:10

    That little bittie part missing is the cause of your problem. If the spring (#34) is still there then fit #18 which centres the spring so small end in first, refit the plug. The lesson here is, be more careful about who you employ.

  10. #10GlynWilliams2025-04-14 05:09

    Hi guys, thanks again so much for your replies. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I had to go away for the weekend. Back now, and will use all the info that you've sent over to help me source the parts I need. Chatgpt said that this was the best forum for help with excavators and it was absolutely right Thanks so much. Cheers Glyn.