Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB145

Nick Drew · 2007-05-20 16:34

I am currently doing a few shifts on this little Takeuchi TB 145, makes a pleasent change from the bigger machines. I have been talking to my local Takeuchi dealer about possibly buy one of their 14 ton machines the TB1140 but the price I have been qouted seems a bit expensive £60,000 GBP !! How are sales of these machines going in the States or elsewhere ?? Would be nice to see some photos?? They are a fantastic piece of kit!!

Replies24
  1. #1KSSS2007-05-22 12:29

    There is a guy who posts on this site that has two of the 30K machines. He was from Texas if I recall. I looked at them at Conexpo last time in Vegas. They were priced right at about $100K which is a pretty good deal. I like TK equipment.

  2. #2atgreene2007-05-22 12:36

    Nice machine! I Have a 135 and will probably trade-up to the 145 in another year or so. Thats a little different material bucket on that. No hydro tilt?

  3. #3cat3002007-05-25 08:19

    i just got a job as a lot boy for a compoany that sells those in PA. They have a kind where the bottem of the "shaft" "boom" whatever u want to call it, can move like 120degrees to let u easily get into tight spaces like up along houses and such. I thow the one the guy showed me was going for like 78,000-82,000 brand new. Just to let you know. If u have any questions, send me a PM

  4. #4Squizzy246B2007-05-25 08:29

    Nick, that machine is about $65,000.00 to $74,000.00 Aud down here.....your price is like $140,000.00 Aud...something aint right there.

  5. #5Ford LT-90002007-05-25 13:46

    I converted it to CND and yes that is average price for a 14,000lb mini.

  6. #6Gmads2007-05-25 14:36

    I'm the guy with two of the 1140s. So far we have been happy with them. We purchased them to put in over 100,000' of pipe next to walls. In the past we had used the smaller machines with offset booms (ex. Cat 307) but found those machines were too small for anything else - mostly b/c your dig depth is limited on the offset boom/short stick configuration. These machines were a nice compromise b/c you can dig next to walls but still get the production of a 12 ton class excavator. Yeah - they're a tad over $100,000, but compare that to a Cat 312 and you still don't have the swing boom.

  7. #7Nick Drew2007-05-25 14:58

    Hi Gmads, Great to see your pic of the TB1140....Got any more?? I agree they are great machines, I was speaking to one of the sales reps during my recent visit to the Site Equipment Demonstration and he said that Takeuchi had been somewhat suprised by how popular they have become, they can't make them fast enough by all accounts!!! I would definately like to buy one but they need to much deposit which I cannot raise at this moment in time Best Wishes Nick.

  8. #8Gmads2007-05-25 19:36

    Not sure how popular they are in the states yet. I know they are relatively new to our market - our salesman said we had the first two in Dallas (maybe true, maybe not). He has also asked to bring by other customers to our site to show the machines. It'll take a while, but I'll try to post pics showing the work along walls to display the slewing boom in action.

  9. #9Nick Drew2007-06-02 14:00

    Working in the woods today with the TB145 Great little machines these Takeuchi's !!! Can't wait to get my hands on a TB1140 14 tonner!!

  10. #10Nick Drew2007-07-13 16:37

    Just thought I Would post the photos of the TB1140 that we had on demo recently. A great machine.

  11. #11coopers2007-07-14 03:57

    WOW! I didn't know they got THAT big. Blake WA

  12. #12KSSS2007-07-15 15:49

    What did you think of it?

  13. #13Nick Drew2007-07-15 16:03

    Hi KSSS I thought it was fantastic!! Everything we have come to expect from Takeuchi only BIGGER!! They would be a very useful machine around building sites, I think one with rubber tracks would be even more versatile. Nick

  14. #14atgreene2007-07-15 19:53

    I do like the 1140, not something I need on a daily bassis, but a nice machine anyway. It probably would fit where I need to go anyway.

  15. #15artherd2007-07-25 01:11

    Is that a rototilt? I've been looking at the 1140 recently, any wear problems with that big a machine's articulating section?

  16. #16atgreene2007-07-25 08:43

    Mine isn't a roto tilt, although MC builds them. I would love one with a scraper attachment. My clean-up bucket with tilt does a great job as it is, but those flat scaper blades are pretty amazing around objects for fine grading. http://www.mcfaulkner.com/

  17. #17ongrademike2007-08-12 16:39

    Nice machines! Takeuchi has always been a great addition to my companies small machine line up. We have Tak excavators and track loaders that always perform excellent.

  18. #18Gmads2007-09-15 17:16

    Some more pics digging against wall.

  19. #19Dwan Hall2007-09-16 23:51

    Here is a shot of my TB070 setting sideways on the trailer last week. The job I was on required me to offload in a spot ware I could not backup to the dirt to offload. It was off a new blacktop driveway and in respect to the owner I thought I would try this. It worked just fine but not something I would like to do everyday. These shots are loading it. I never took ony off loading it but should have. This machine is 15 years old and the only trouble has been operator misuse when it was new. picking up long logs from one end causing the boom to twist. The boom was replaced just before I got it. If I ever have to replace I will only buy from a dealer that gives good support after the sale.

  20. #20dumptrucker2007-09-18 22:21

    Isn't that all dirt where you unloaded? I would think it would have tore it up less unloading it the normal way. No?:beatsme

  21. #21CascadeScaper2007-09-18 23:45

    I think what he's saying is that he needed to get the machine sideways on the trailer in a dirt lot first, then he'd bring the machine onto the site and offload the machine over the side without touching the asphalt.

  22. #22Dwan Hall2007-09-18 23:53

    I was loading it sideways in these pictures so I could unload it at the job site off the side of the trailer. Ie guy had a new blacktop driveway and I did not want to mark it up. I could have offloaded it onto plywood then turned to get into the yard but I didn't want to take a chance on marking his driveway up. Tomarrow I get to reload it over the side.

  23. #23Dwan Hall2007-09-18 23:55

    Great minds think alike.

  24. #24nedly052007-09-23 10:45

    Very impressive Dwan!