Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

takeuchi TB145 1999 with 9500 hours

Pete Korm ยท 2021-10-26 10:53

hey guys! first time speaker here; was silently reading problems and things about excavators and all the while I find out your community is awesome, so friendly and alot of ``knowledgeable`` people!! My quick thing is I want a mini excavator for small project around the land ... its going to be my first excavator, I already have a JD tractor. Is there anything I would need to check and be cautious about this machine : - takeuchi TB145 1999 with 9500 hours owner said only one owner, no problems with it runs perfect, no work to be done soon, looks really clean. been repainted let me know what you think and things to look for?

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2021-10-26 11:25

    With a good inspection, I wouldn't be afraid. Not sure what price they're asking, but, I've got (4) TB180FR with between 5k and 11k hours, a TB53FR with 10k, and (2) TL150 with between 8k and 9k hours. They are all on mainline and abused quite often. Keep the oil changed in the travel gearboxes (we do every 300hrs), but we tram a LOT. Everything else is just routine. No quirks of consequence save for we (meaning I) replaced the screen only water separator with a FM100 unit, and added an inline fuel screen, on all of my Takeuchis.

  2. #2heymccall2021-10-26 11:28

    Travel gearboxes can be stupid money, or discontinued, but for everything else, if it feels right, I'd have no concerns.

  3. #3Pete Korm2021-10-26 11:54

    thanks heymccall , I will ask owner how often he changed oil, thanks for the advices!

  4. #4mudnducs2021-10-29 14:35

    Takeuchi excavators are highly respected in the tree nursery business in Oregon. If it runs well and looks clean Id jump....just remember it will need attention (grease, filters, oil change etc)....like anything mechanical.

  5. #5Pete Korm2021-10-29 19:07

    Thanks Mudnducs, I ended up buying a very clean kubota kx-161-2 1999 with 5200 hours on it from the DEALER. This way i'm a bit less worried about the overall condition since they do a checkup first. Ill post feelings and pics once I get it next week! thanks all!

  6. #6mudnducs2021-10-31 10:06

    Just bought a used Kubota myself. Would have bought Tak but none in the area.