Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB153 Travel speed not working

Scott Bailey ยท 2018-03-13 13:31

When I push the travel speed button on my excavator the yellow rabbit icon does not light up and the machine stays in low speed. Randomly it comes on by itself and I cannot turn it off. Not sure if it is the button or something else

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2018-03-14 22:22

    The travel speed button is momentary, tap on, tap off. First, does the amber rabbit lamp illuminate during self test at start-up? If so, tilt the cab, and, next to the travel valve, unplug the travel switch wiring bullet connectors. Test the switch side, looking for continuity when the button is depressed. You could also simply tap the two machine side terminals together, with machine running, to turn the high speed on, followed by tapping them together to bypass the button. I suspect the button may be stuck on, or the wire(s) may be broken at the flex points.

  2. #2heymccall2018-03-15 19:54

    Engine does not need to be on. Just the ignition needs to be on.