Finally got to replacing the carrier roller on the machine because it was angled down, put the new one in and while it is maybe angled down a bit it is also crooked. The old one wasn't bent at all just worn, the attachment point looks fine I have to assume it's something with my install? I put the flat spot to the top which is where the bolt goes through and torqued to around 150 ft/lbs so should be plenty tight? Not sure what's wrong exactly? Attached picture. Ran machine for a few hours and it is not contacting on the outside much compared to inside so it's pointed down also for sure.
Here's picture of new roller.
I can't really tell from the picture and I'm not familiar with those machines, but on larger machines it's not uncommon to see the roller pedestal get bent or twisted.
Here’s pictures of old one.
The part I don't get is the new one is sideways and slightly down, the old one was just down and moreso. If it's the pedestal the new one should be exactly the same is my thinking? But it's not at all. I didn't take the track off to replace, maybe I should to get a better look but it sure didn't look bent.
What's the hole look like that the roller shaft slides into? I assume it fit somewhat snug?
Not at all, pretty loose actually. I removed the bolt totally but I had to hold it lined up until the bolt snugged it into place or else it would just sag down.
That's probably your issue, you should just about have to drive a chisel into the gap on the pedestal bolt to get them out or back in. I'd guess the old one got a bit loose and just started wearing on the hole. Probably going to need to machine the hole in the pedestal or replace the pedestal (which is probably easier) to make it right.
Interesting. I removed the bolt completely, the hole should still be that tight to slide into?
Yes, you should at minimum have to use a small sledge or dead blow hammer to drive it in or out.