Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB235-2 Mini Excavator Movement Beeper

Cory151 ยท 2023-03-15 20:35

Completing a lot of land clearance on my own property and my significant other works from home. She asked multiple times if I can disable the movement alarm on the mini x. Looking in the manual doesn't tell you on the chassis where it is and I have been unable to locate (even listening through a with a paper towel tube). Anybody have any experience with the beeper on the Takeuchi TB235?

Replies17
  1. #1skyking12023-03-15 20:38

    I just cancel it as I start moving. Find your alarm cancel button. My preference is to not disable safety gear. On my JD I can cancel the alarm at one beep or even none if my timing is good. EDIT: Looks like it may not have one. DRAT!

  2. #2heymccall2023-03-15 21:26

    Somewhere outside the cab, about even with the back of the seat. It has a short pigtail with a bullet connector. Just unplug the bullet connector.

  3. #3Cory1512023-03-16 03:38

    Thank you! as this gives me an idea as to what to look for as the sound had me narrowed down to this general area and I had even removed the ECU cover plate because I was convinced it was under there. Pulling its fuse unfortunately disables the main gauge screen and mades it so it will not start. Will keep looking.

  4. #4Cory1512023-03-16 04:04

    Found the part specific buzzer online https://shop.equipmentshare.com/products/skyjack-buzzer-05109ht031

  5. #5Cory1512023-03-16 04:07

    Might be easier to simply pull the proximity connector harness plug... https://shop.equipmentshare.com/products/takeuchi-switch-proximity-1700009010

  6. #6NHrockfarm2023-04-20 14:51

    Did you ever locate that dang beeper? I've also got a TB235-2 and also could not find the thing, despite it being crazy loud. There's certainly not a lot of extra space under those hoods. I was planning to put mine on a switch, but maybe I should just go after that proximity switch you mentioned. I'm assuming it's located under the operator's floor by the pedals. I'm also coming up on 50 hours so I'll be pulling the panel under the engine soon and will have a good look inside the bottom of the house. We've only recently warmed up and melted off our snow. I'm looking forward to taking some time off and spending a while moving some earth. Just doing some minor stuff around the house recently and I got the same reaction from the Mrs.

  7. #7heymccall2023-04-20 14:56

    Sorry...in wrong thread.

  8. #8HeavyTech2023-04-21 19:49

    Just call your local dealer ask to speak with parts give them your model & serial number ask them to look up the travel alarm under accessories and ask them to email you the diagram - illustration

  9. #9HeavyTech2023-04-21 19:51

    In most cases the location is near the battery but ever manufacturer is different

  10. #10mx7272023-05-06 21:36

    If you want a movement warning device, but can't stand the obnoxious beeper, get a broadband, also called white noise, alarm: BBS-TEK 87dB Broadband Backup Alarm sirennet.com I put one on my dump truck. The beeper was so obnoxious. This thing leaves no doubt that the truck is backing up, but you can carry a conversation right near it and it is much more directional, meaning you can tell where the threat is instead of it echoing off of everything.

  11. #11CarlosDanger2023-05-31 15:29

    Bumping this thread to see if anyone has any other ideas how to get rid of that darned beeper on a tak 235

  12. #12HeavyTech2023-05-31 18:11

    The 2 most common spots to locate the beeper itself is, behind the battery (remove) inside the frame where your (base end) lift cylinder is and the second location would be inside the rear door top right corner, bottom left corner also have seen it in the middle at the bottom of the door I'm going to look it up and get back to you

  13. #13HeavyTech2023-05-31 18:29

    My apologies I thought you had a skid steer From what I found looks to be same location as Kubota beside the boom arm under the cover see picture

  14. #14mx7272023-05-31 18:51

    Can you not locate the beeper?

  15. #15NHrockfarm2023-06-20 08:38

    Thanks for the tip on the hidden location. Someone mentioned going at it from the switch end, so I did that. I pulled the access panel over the track pedals and disconnected the connector for the pressure switches. I just left it disconnected for now as it's really tight in there and I didn't want to cut any of those wires. I'll have to look in that little access area when I get the machine back home.

  16. #16mx7272023-06-20 09:25

    These things fail, I would think it would be fairly easy to find the location on the parts diagram or in the service manual.

  17. #17SageHowell2024-04-16 12:24

    Realize this is an older thread, but I ran into the same issue with the beeper (travel alarm) going off anytime you touch the pedals. This thread helped me to come up with a solution, so figured I would pass it on to help someone else as finding things was most of the problem. Basically, I accessed under the pedals and disconnected the wire harness leading to the sensor switch which turned out to be a DT 2-pin style, Found a male/female set of DT 2-pin wire leads and a waterproof 12V switch on Amazon, put that together and was able to just snap it in so it will be easy to remove later if desired. Access to where the wire harness plug is required the removal of a 13mm bolt inside the locked compartment below the cab door. Once that is out there are two 13mm bolts under the front of the cab to remove an access panel in front and under the pedals. With both open you can just reach in to disconnect the wire loom harness leading up to the pedals and then insert the improvised switch. Hopefully, the pics will illustrate what I am saying. Now, if I am working and want the warning alarm on, I just open the panel and flip the switch. For similar products used, search: -Set DT 2 Pin Male Female Wiring Harness Connectors -12V Inline Cord Switch IP67 Waterproof, Outdoor ON/Off Toggle Switch DC 12V-24V with Red LED Rocker Button, 20A Inline Power Switch 12 Volt On Off Switch Two-Side Entry and Exit Line