Hi, I come from a small Allmand TLB 325. Bumped up to a used TB235 w 1500 hrs. 1st thing I notice is very weak slew force. My little TLB has better side to side force like for pushing spoil back in ditches w loader bucket. I pushed up against a smaller sapling maybe 1-2 inches dia and it stalls the slew. I dont have much mini ex experience so i just dont know what to make of it. Do these class machines just have weak slew force or could I have a relief value or pump issue? I know slew is not like the dual cyliners on a hoe boom, but i just expect a lot more. Its like I can barely grade smooth w slew motion cause it stalls too easy. Is slew on a Tak a separate pump? Just don't know what to make of it. Anyone have advice? Thanks, MP
Good day I suggest you begin checking the pressures for both swing left & right also the blade it seems to be common practice to power both from the same pump please see attached.Making this simple test will highlight any motor assembly defects. Kind regards Uffex
Uffex, Great, thanks for the info. I will look into checking these. Where did you get these PDF's on the TB235? That may be useful in the future. I have done a little more digging, and it appears that others are "disappointed" with slew power on these excavators as well. If you are used to using a "backhoe" with a push and pull boom swing cylinder, they perform quite well at "slewing" spoil and grading side to side with the hoe bucket. In your experience is this true? Am I expecting too much from the slew rotation of an excavator? Thanks, MP
Good day Mrpush The illustrations you refer are copied from a parts book in house to answer your remaining point regarding swing power used for side sweeping - strictly speaking it is a practice frowned upon since there are very high stress factors in this method of operation and may well result in expensive damage however I have watched many machine operators use the swing in a very limited capacity. If on a incline the machine has sufficient power to drive the superstructure in the upward direction I guess we must be satisfied please remember this is a very small gear in the centre of the machine with the length of arm and boom it is a long leverage agains that small gear. Kind regards Uffex