On my TB240 pushing the safety lever lock down and up mechanism is not working well. It was a bit finicky at first. Then almost impossible to move all the way down. I lubed only what I could see without removing the covers etc, and this did not help. I have now removed the covers and the sliding mechanism appears to need greasing or is out of whack. Anyone ever dealt with this issue? The lever has issues going down and engaging the contact. Once it's down and making contact, hydraulics are active as usual. It's only the sliding mechanism. Haven't had this issue on my other Takeuchi's.
We have the same machine and have the same issue. Open to suggestions. Ours started having issues when someone's boot or coat caught the bar on their way out of the machine and tweaked it just ever so slightly.
So it got so hard to move the lever, that the lever finally broke and moved further than it would normally go in the down position. At that point, the hydraulics were dead. I removed the housing and found that the lever was bolted on with two small bolts. One of the bolts #24 broke. I assumed the mechanism still had the same issue. As the machine is currently on a job site, I was able to get the contacts to engage, so that we could use the machine. Now I have drilled the bolt out and installed a new bolt with nut. To my surprise, after a bit of WD40, the lever moves the mechanism up an easily with no effort down to the contact screw #8. I have now ordered a replacement cover, as the cover got broken when the bolt failed and the lever moved too far. Check your bolts #24, and lube around #27. I will know more when I put the new cover on, if that is interfering.