Running my mini today TB240, with 3300 hours. Went to swing right and machine suddenly uncontrollably goes limb in a righthand swing, to swing leftward. Machine has full power to swing left-hand, but just a slight click being heard when going right. No leaks anywhere. Any ideas? I uploaded a short below of what it is doing.
Broken pinion shaft! With the bucket off the ground and engine shut down try pushing it by hand.
But wouldn't it lose left hand rotation if so?
My bad, didn't read that part. Still wonder if the shaft has broken but has a jaggered bit that give it the left hand rotation and the clicking is the shaft remains slipping. Like you clutching at straws.
Almost sound like the ring lost some teeth
Nevermind video played
If you rotate in one direction the hydraulic motor and gears are likely okay and intact. That is, if the gears are broken or the motor has failed I would think you'd get no rotation in either direction. My friend had this same issue. It turned out to be crossover valve block assembly had debris in it. I've also heard that if the left arm rest lock down (which activates controls) has worn or loose contacts this could be a cause. Other places to look (in my Kubota trouble shooting manual) main control valve spool. Good luck.
Would agree that if it will turn in one direction non stop the pinion gear and swing gear are okay and best look elsewhere. Simon C
Plot twist, I ran it for about a half hour today with just the blade and played around swinging and eventually right hand rotation came back. Before that it sounded like there was pressure having to build up to go that one direction. I appreciate all the advice. It seems like it’s probably hydraulic.