Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi tb240 thumb

allie · 2024-11-25 08:34

Hi, any suggestions for a good hydraulic thumb for my 2019 takeuchi tb240 Thanks

Replies15
  1. #1KenMac2024-11-25 17:25

    I'm not sure about a good thumb, but I can advise to not get a TAG thumb if your intent is to grab logs or brush. They apparently are stock on Takeuchi's but aren't designed well in my opinion. They need more curvature toward the end to grip logs better.

  2. #2allie2024-11-26 08:17

    Yeah def for logs, shale ,and brush on the property. and Takeuchi gave me a price double of what’s out there after doing a quick search. I was looking at a generic thumb. maybe this will work for me gotta call them and see. Thank you!!

  3. #3allie2024-11-26 08:18
  4. #4KenMac2024-11-26 14:38

    That thumb appears to be very similar to the TAG. If budget allows, I'd try to find one with more curvature at the business end. Werk Brau look good to me and have good reviews from users. They are not the cheapest by any stretch though.

  5. #5allie2024-11-28 19:54

    Thanks!!

  6. #6Tags2024-11-29 11:31

    I got a thumb from these guys a few years ago. photos of machines with northsaw thumbs Similar size machine and several different operators, no complaints and they haven’t broken it yet…..

  7. #7PeterG2024-11-29 18:52

    If you're going to go aftermarket thumb, I would go big time up grade name brand Progressive thumb. Otherwise you are likely hurting the resale of your machine. Our Company has three Takeuchi machines including a TB240 with TAG thumbs and I think they work fine. Consider adding a TAG thumb installed by the dealer for liability and then getting either a rotating grapple or at least a 42" brush rake. I assume you already have a good 24" digging bucket, a 48" clean out bucket, and a 12" digging bucket which helps with picking up items.

  8. #8allie2024-11-29 19:09

    will do! hey that rake is nice for grubbing vegitation who has that

  9. #9Deere35d2024-12-11 14:41

    Look at "Ox Thumbs" out of Ga. I used one of their thumbs on a Deere 35D and am happy with it using it around the farm. They sell on ebay some too. Easy install if you can weld the eye on the machine.

  10. #10KSSS2024-12-11 20:43

    WB has a decent thumb with a good curve to it. It is not the one on their website. The one I am referencing has more curve. We had to ask for it, a buddy put that thumb with a pro link on a TK TB257

  11. #11allie2024-12-15 08:37

    thank you

  12. #12allie2024-12-15 08:38

    Thank you

  13. #13allie2024-12-15 08:39

    so were not liking a TAG thumb? bc dealer wants to sell me one of those

  14. #14allie2024-12-15 08:40

    so def no TAG thumb?

  15. #15KSSS2024-12-15 11:07

    I think there are better options out there.