Hey All! I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone could help me out with a 2 part question. I have a leaking hydraulic hose labeled MP4 that appears to have been routed wrong from the factory as it seems to be routed tightly over a hard corner. I can see the one end coming out of the rail behind the hydraulic tank but from there I'm not sure where it goes. Also does anyone know if the cab tilts on this model so I can actually access the area behind the motor. I unfortunately don't have a manual and the local dealer isn't being particularly helpful. Any help is greatly appreciated!
I can't find TB240 operators manual online, but, yours should be similar as below.
Thanks I appreciate the response! I actually had stumbled across that same document and unfortunately seems to be set up differently...There are 4 larger nuts and bolts in the corners that appeared to bolt the cab itself to the platform so I may try to remove those and see if it will give me access. The hose is backordered so at least I'll have some time to mess around with this thing.
Good day A photo or two may help to remotly assit with the problem. Kind regards Uffex
Thanks for the reply! Forgive me if my formatting is off. Here is the problem hose... the hose is right behind the hydraulic reservoir and runs down and under the cab area you can see where it is pulled tight over the corner. There are some access plates underneath that aren't much bigger than my hand, not really enough space to get into it and dig around.
I guess my biggest issue here is how to access the hoses that run into the tub of the machine. I have 4 through bolts/bushings in each corner that hold down the cab but there appears to be no hinging mechanism.
Good day Attached may help out. Kind regards Uffex
Well I'm 99% I've located the end of the hose at the control for the plow. Apparently the label of one side of the hose is not the same as the other as it goes from MP4 to BLP. As for the cab I removed the 4 anchoring bolts from the corners and gave it a wiggle with a large pry bar and the cab bolts straight down onto the machine. Looks like it is just going to be a bear of a job to route the hose back through the machine. When the hose comes in I'll post some updates...I just can't imagine if you have a hose fail internally in this machine seems like it would be a nightmare to identify anything.
Good day A short hose and bulkhead fitting may be a solution. Kind regards Uffex
This kind of hose failure is never easy to fix, but it is possible. You probably need someone else to help, but if one person pulls on the compromised line and the other person is watching, or has a hand on some of the lines through the access plates, you can kind of get an idea of where it goes as you follow it along. You’re probably going to have to tie it piece of twine around the end of it before you pull it out, so you can pull the new line back through the same path. Just make sure to cap/tape the ends of the new hose so you don’t get any debris in it.