Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB250 greymarket final drive parts

autigers100 ยท 2013-02-06 09:41

I have recently purchased a TK 250 that is a good machine but both final drives are leaking. I appears to be the floating seals that is the problem. The drives are KYB MAG-26V-P-310. The dealer says $744.00 each for the seals and it requires 2 per drive. Anyone know where I can get these and be more cost efficient. Open to other ideas to repair. Too good of a machine to go to the scrap yard.

Replies6
  1. #1jack3452013-02-06 10:50

    It may be best just to replace both drives depending on machine and number of hours, spending $3000 just for seals seems high (what about labor/installation). Of course, the other option is just use it until you find a set of drives from a low hr machine. I have found that if bolt pattern is the same for housing and sprocket and hydraulic connections are similar if you replace as a set all should work.

  2. #2autigers1002013-02-06 10:58

    Any Ideas of where to start looking for a used final drive?

  3. #3TCM2013-02-20 20:56

    There is a member on here, final drive. He knows his drives and helped me fix my internally leaking drive. Why replace when you can repair? Final Drive, your up. Thanks

  4. #4mikebramel2013-02-20 22:24

    A TB250 isnt more than five years old. I dont know what you mean by too good to scrap?

  5. #5finaldrive2013-03-06 04:57

    Sorry, been really busy and haven't been able to visit and offer help as of late. We stock the floating seal that you require. It's under $100 for the floating seal SET. Qty 1 required per side. I'm out of the country right now. You can contact Danny Graham at my office. See links below in my sig

  6. #6finaldrive2013-03-06 05:00

    And if you need a complete unit in the future we stock our FDC Brand replacement for the obsolete MAG-26VP-310 Cost is under $3,000 for a complete new final with motor. Sold outright with a 1 year warranty.