Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB260 DPF Issues

DeepCountry · 2026-05-22 01:17

Does anyone have any hints on where to start on this... I have no codes. DPF regen cycle seems to be almost constant. The percentage of restriction appears erratic. It will complete a cycle, reaching 55%, then 68%, then 80%. Soon after, a new cycle will start. It seems like I am having a problem with a sensor. I don't idle the machine except for warm-up and shut-down. Any hints would be appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1DeepCountry2026-05-22 01:48

    I see 2 pressure sensor styles for the Yanmar TNV86CT. Has anyone replaced one of these and knows which one is correct? Thank you.

  2. #2Tags2026-05-22 06:12

    I believe the top one is the correct one. But be aware, the ones on eBay that are made in China and are a lot cheaper than the originals, don’t work. We’ve been down that road already. Check all the wiring as well. The wiring harnesses are so close to everything that gets hot and some of the pins can get loose in the connectors or the wires could be rubbing on each other. It’s really frustrating that these manufacturers can’t add an extra inch of wire to the harnesses of these newer machines. These new minis and track skid steers,run hotter and vibrate quite a bit in the engine compartment which leads to lots of connector/wire issues.

  3. #3DeepCountry2026-05-22 10:51

    Thank you. I will go over the connections again and clean them. The machine rides pretty rough with steel tracks, but it is very sure-footed in the woods.